• Participating in project planning and solution proposals to Sr. leadership across Product and Delivery teams
• Architecting, designing, and developing of new features and re-engineering of existing core parts
• Translating designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code.
• Working with data structures, algorithms, and system design.
• Implementing high quality unit tests.
• Performing peer code review to meet program quality targets
• Identifying and diagnosing deficiencies related to systems, coding and infrastructure, and recommending solutions for mitigation.
• Drafting system documentation for a wide variety of purposes.
• Using version control with GIT (both local and using cloud-based platforms like Bitbucket).
• Working with Package Managers like Yarn and NPM, Maven.
Must-haves: • Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a combination of equivalent experience with a college diploma
• 5+ years experience in Full Stack Java Development
• Hands on development skills within cloud platforms incl. Azure and/or Google
• Experience with Cloud Native design patterns
• Strong understanding of Cloud API’s and the scalability around it
• Experience with Java servers (Tomcat, WebSphere, ect)
• Strong testing framework experience (J-Unit, test NG, automated testing and performance testing)
• An understanding of development on distributed systems operating at scale
• Knowledge and experience with server-side frameworks including Spring Boot and Hibernate
• API creation and RESTful services with API Gateways and asynchronous and synchronous microservices
• Relational (MySQL, Oracle, DB2) database experience
• Experience working with CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Git) and artifact repositories (Nexus, Artifactory, etc.)
• Agile experience
• Modern DevOps principles and exposure to Ansible and Terraform
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
• Experience with PaaS solutions such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry
• NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis, Firebase, etc.) database experience