Entry Level Position. College experience is fine. No more than 2-3 years of experience.
Business Operations is leading the DevOps transformation through our client's tooling and by being an advocate for change & standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations. We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.The Commercial BizOps team is looking for a new team member who can help us solve problems and lead Client in DevOps automation and best practices.
• Are you a born problem solver who loves to figure out how something works?
• Are you a detail oriented individual who enjoys complex problem solving?
• Do you love determining the correct actions required to fix a problem?
• Do you have a low tolerance for manual work and look to automate everything you can?
The role of Business Operations is to be the production readiness steward for the platform. This is accomplished by closely partnering with developers to design, build, implement, and support technology services. A Business Operations Engineer will ensure operational criteria like system availability, capacity, performance, monitoring, self-healing, and deployment automation are implemented throughout the delivery process. Business Operations plays a key role at Client by being an advocate for change and standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations.
The goal of every Business Operations team is to be more proactive to maximize customer experience and increase the overall value of supported applications. Business Operations teams also focus on risk management by reviewing all our activities together with an overarching responsibility for compliance and risk mitigation across all our environments. Business Operations focus is also on streamlining and standardizing traditional application specific support activities.
Ultimately, the role of Business Operations is to align Product and Customer Focused priorities with Operational needs. We regularly review our run state not only from an internal perspective, but also understanding and providing the feedback loop to our development partners on how we can improve the customer experience of our applications.
• Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer's request, determine the cause of the problem, select and explain the best solution to solve the problem, expedite correction or adjustment and follow up to ensure resolution.
• Analyze activities of the platform and provide feedback to development teams on operational gaps and/or resiliency.
• Maintain services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Prepare and analyze various reports to proactively identify and resolve issues.
• Research code to determine cause of certain behaviors that have occurred.
• Evaluate business requests to determine feasibility, work with partnering teams to define alternatives and recommend optimal solutions.
• Coordinate and participate in review, revisions, changes, enhancements, testing and documentation of product enhancements and/or business requirements.
• Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones.
• On call support rotation.
• Share knowledge and mentor junior resources.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• Experience in a financial environment preferred.
• Analytical/problem solving and planning skills.
• The ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize work based on current business needs.
• Possess strong communication skills -- both verbal and written.
• Strong relationship skills, collaborative skills and customer service skills.
• 1-3 Years of experience in the following is required: UNIX, scripting, Oracle, SQL skills and Microsoft Office.
• Experience in one or more of the following is preferred but not required: C++ and/or Java.
• Ability to work with little or no supervision.
• Minor travel may be required.