The Azure Cloud Architect role is responsible for architecture, design, and delivery of cloud solutions on Microsoft Azure. The candidate will have the following responsibilities:
• Explaining complex technical concepts to an executive audience
• Architects and designs Azure cloud-based solutions that meet the project requirements to include security and compliance standards
• Develops internal Azure based prototypes and assets for internal educational purposes and to reduce project delivery times
• Manages large to small teams and has the hands-on skills to support the team given the needs of the project
• Participates and support sales activities
WHO WE´RE LOOKING FOR?
• Minimum 3 years hands on experience developing innovative applications.
• Experience with at least one modern programming language (including but not limited to Kotlin, Go, NodeJS, Rust, Python and sometimes Java).
• Minimum 3 years of experience designing an architecture for a cloud native application.
• Minimum 3 years experience with Azure Cloud Platform, ( platform components and assembling application and runtime architecture).
• Microsoft Azure Certification
• Experience working in an agile team.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• The candidate must have hands on working knowledge in one or more of the following Azure service categories:
• Azure systems infrastructure that power today’s modern and highly available web and mobile applications, with deep domain expertise in one or more areas: Windows and/or Linux OS, networking, storage, high availability, DR architecture, cloud security, application performance
• App Service including Web Apps, Mobile Apps, API Apps, or Logic Apps
• Relational databases – database architecture and design (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL DB PaaS Service)
• NoSQL databases (CosmosDB, Cassandra, MongoDB)
Preferred Qualifications (General):
Below are ‘nice to haves’, and if you don’t have more than one or two, don’t be discouraged. We’re trying to build a team with a very diverse set of skills and backgrounds, and a big part of that means different skills.
• Experience with serverless frameworks and architectures.
• Experience with containerizing legacy applications in the public cloud; native or 3rd party container solutions (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Docker EE, Mesosphere)
• Experience with event driven architectures and constituent technologies (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis) and patterns (Event Sourcing, etc)
• Cognitive Services including natural language processing, speech processing, and image processing
• Analytics including HDInsight (Hadoop), Machine Learning, Power BI, Data Lake Store, Data Lake Analytics
• Internet of Things including IoT Hub, Machine Learning, Stream Analytics, and Event Hubs
• Third party OSS PaaS platforms such as RedHat OpenShift and CloudFoundry