Job Responsibilities/Job Functions:
- Interpret business requirements for timely and appropriate project delivery.
- Develop and execute project plans, including risk, scope, communication and schedules.
- Plan, monitor, and control projects from concept to closing using appropriately scaled methodology.
- Monitor project and team performance against plans and take effective corrective action as required.
- Build consensus and negotiate across functional organizational lines.
- Manage initiatives at a high-level as well as having attention to detail.
- Identify requirements for, negotiate and lead cross-functional resources.
- Work closely with and maintain strong work relationships with stakeholders and sponsors from all functional areas of business.
- Manage changing priorities to complete project delivery within defined constraints.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of Project Management methodology, process and documentation.
- Effectively manage risk by minimizing threats and maximizing opportunities within the project.
- Identify, handle and resolve conflict effectively.
- Demonstrate interest in and accountability for personal and professional development.
- Schedule Network Change Control tickets, mitigate risks, coordinate resources, resolve roadblocks, meet schedule and budget
- Experience with fibre optics, Cisco routing protocols, DWDM, CWDM, Microwave, Wireline and Wireless network architecture
- A university degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience managing infrastructure projects such as core application upgrades, Internet and Extranet development, network and telecom infrastructure deployments within a professional services organization.
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience within IT Operations, Systems Architecture, Networks with hands on technology exposure.
- Experience managing IT Infrastructure projects of varying size and complexity, which could include data centre moves, new system implementations, upgrades or migrations across various environments, managed services and/or technology or tools deployment. Exposure to executing projects across a physically distributed environment along with strong vendor management experience.
- Strong negotiation skills to negotiate resources, changes, issues, budgets and timelines.
- Infrastructure project management experience, SQL, Cisco technologies, Virtualization, WAN, Firewalls, Security, Sharepoint, Citrix, Telephony, VOIP.
- Technical architecture.
- Data centre consolidation or migration project exposure.
- Familiar with Infrastructure Technologies, dealing with multiple vendors.
- Proactive approach to working on skeleton plan for upcoming projects.
- Ability to optimize available resources to deliver business objectives and maximize business efficiency.
- Ability to adapt to the requirements of the assignment and make appropriate changes in style as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to match content, style and language to suit the audience and context, maximizing understanding.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership, motivational, organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to direct, influence and inspire others to optimize performance and achieve goals.
- Ability to influence team members without direct authority.
- Exposure to working within legal services an asset.
Looking to hire a Delivery Specialist to implement 5G IPRAN and UMMT core network upgrades required for our 5G rollout.