Sr. Change Manager
Our client in collaboration with IT Shared Services wishes to acquire professional services to develop a change management strategy for a number of departmental initiatives.
They support patient-centered care by working with and among jurisdictions to modernize the infrastructure used to manage information and empower citizens with access to their own health information. As part of their Atlantic Project– which will extend citizen’s access to their Personal Health Information (PHI) through citizen portals and applications. The scope of this work will include the implementation of a patient portal to allow digital access to immunization records (as a first use case).
Our client intends to implement a single Electronic Medical Record (EMR) solution that will create a fully integrated community-based health environment. Within this integrated environment, clinicians will have the ability to access patient information and communicate securely across the continuum of care, resulting in improved patient care and experience. The initial phase of the EMR initiative will focus on community-based Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and their support staff.
The successful Proponent will provide all required services associated with the work. The scope of the services may include, but are not limited to:
• Consultation with the various Project stakeholders to develop a change management strategy that will encompass the aforementioned projects.
o Defining change management objectives and selecting the most appropriate approach to manage the change(s);
o Identifying change management activities;
o Identify required change management services and resource requirements; and
o Identifying change management risks and issues (including recommended mitigation);
• Development of high-level change Management Plans for each of the corresponding projects.
Stakeholder Planning Session Facilitate a number of planning sessions with key stakeholders from the various project streams to identify required change management activities.
Change Management Strategy Develop a change management strategy for various healthcare Projects.
Status Reports Status Reports as agreed upon.
The successful proponent must provide the following experience:
1. Resources must have a minimum of seven (7) years experience directly related to change management in a Health Care environment;
2. Recent experience related to one of the following project areas would be considered an asset:
o Large scale initiatives that directly impact patients and providers.
o Electronic Medical Records (EMR)/Electronic Health Record implementations.
o Patients gaining access to their personal health information (ie. through the use of portals).
3. Thorough knowledge of change management methodologies.
4. Experience working with government organizations would be considered an asset.
5. Experience working with (or familiarity with) Canadian Change Management Framework.
6. Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment, establish priorities, and meet tight deadlines.
7. Excellent written and oral presentation skills.