Sr. Project Manager:
CLIENT is undertaking several projects to define Business Intelligence & Analytics (BIA) planning roadmaps aligned to CLIENT’s lines of business. The BIA team requires a Sr. Project Manager resource to project manage the completion of these BIA projects. As well, the successful PM resource will be expected to lead the coordination of BIA resources and issues with the ADMS Upgrade project, which is managed externally to BIA.
The time allocation for the successful candidate will be split across three areas of focus, which includes;
• Customer Experience BIA Roadmap development project,
• Transmission & Distribution BIA Roadmap development, and
• Coordination of schedule, tasks, resources & issues with the ADMS Upgrade project.
Its expected that this resource allocation will be on a full-time basis based on 7.5hrs per day with time to be allocated within the projects as needed.
Please note, the Project Managers are required to be on-site for the duration of the projects.
As a result, CLIENT is looking to secure the services of one (1) Senior Project Manager, with demonstrated experience delivering opportunity assessments, roadmap planning, or similar delivery planning artifacts, with specific experience with BIA initiatives. The Project Manager must have experience managing projects which included a large operational reporting deliverable.
The Senior Project Manager will work under the direction of the Senior Manager, BI and Analytics, with guidance from the BIA Portfolio Manager, with support from BIA team members and with other CLIENT IT resources as required.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of project management to completion assigned projects while following the CLIENTI Portfolio and Project Management (PPM) framework under the guidance of the IT PMO and the BIA Portfolio Manager.
The Senior Project Manager will have responsibility for deliverables, including (but not limited to):
• Development and management of Project Management controls including Project Charter, Project Management Plan, RACI, etc.
• Delivery of an Opportunity Assessment, Total Cost of Ownership, Requirements, Capital Work Order, and supporting documents.
• Develop and manage overall planning, budgeting, scope management, scheduling, resourcing, risks & issues (through Microsoft Project Online).
• Provide project leadership throughout all project phases.
• Monitor and control key indicators and milestones throughout the delivery of the project.
• Manage project communications and business expectations.
• Make recommendations and take corrective action to manage issues and risks throughout the project.
• Prepare status reports for project stakeholders.
• Ensure all relevant commercial requirements are met including legal and procurement within scope of a project.
The successful Senior Project Manager will have the demonstrated capabilities identified below, as well as demonstrated prior experience delivering or working on Business Intelligence, specifically reporting, projects.
The successful candidate will have a positive attitude, high personal standards and be a good communicator. In addition, they should be at home in a technical environment where success is based on establishing face-to-face working relationships with stakeholders and subject matter experts.
The critical skills for this role include:
• Experience managing data projects which can including Business Intelligence dashboard development, data integration, data lake development, moving data to cloud for analytics, BI platform development and/or report conversion from one BI platform to another. There must be a solid understanding of big data and reporting.
• Demonstrated Senior Project Management capabilities (leadership, influence, delegation, organization, facilitation, project planning & control).
• Experience managing both the business, financial and the technical aspects of a project.
• Experience using MS Project 2016 (in a MS Project Server Online environment) to manage tasks, schedule and resources
• PMP certification.
• Working knowledge of organizational change management practices (e.g. Prosci) would be considered an asset.
• Working knowledge of ITIL would be considered an asset.
Areas of focus for this role include:
• Coordination with stakeholders from multiple business units with sometimes conflicting requirements and/or priorities.
• Management of a project team with diverse resources from multiple teams with the IT Division.