Sr. Business Analyst
Special Education Case Management (SECM) Project
CLIENT) does not currently have an electronic information system that manages the information required to efficiently and effectively service the needs of students that require interventions or supports. A unified, centralized solution is sought to better inform supports and services provided by CLIENT in the districts and overall by CLIENT. In accordance with CLIENT’s Strategic Plan goal to enhance educational programs and services, along with the Premier’s Task Force recommendation #12 on improving educational outcomes, CLIENT is requesting a solution that:
• Provides electronic management of information related to response to intervention and service delivery for the students in our province;
• Allows for system integration and configuration;
• Merges with existing systems (PowerSchool and Review 360); and
• Provides a single, holistic view of a student across the whole lifecycle.
In 2018, the Department selected the PowerSchool Special Programs and Response to Intervention software as their technical solution. A project is currently underway to implement this software in schools identified as Phase 1 schools. This assignment will involve working closely with the Department, School Boards, various branches within the OCIO, and vendor resources to complete the implementation.
The Business Analyst – Level 2 will be required to work with the project team to complete the implementation of Phase 1 of the new Special Education Case Management (SECM) project. The Business Analyst – Level 2 will be responsible to work with the client and the vendor through the testing and implementation activities. The Business Analyst will also be required to lead the Business Change Management (BCM) activities with the Department, and complete applicable project deliverables as outlined under the OCIO’s Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC). It is anticipated that the Business Analyst/BCM Analyst responsibilities will be split on a 50/50 basis.
Working under the direction of the Project Manager and/or Program Manager, the responsibilities of the Business Analyst – Level 2 will include, but not be limited to the following.
• Mentor/monitor client resources in the documentation and execution of system and UAT test cases.
• Lead the System Testing phase, working with the client tester(s) and the vendor to execute test cases, and document test results
• Liaise with the vendor in the resolution of testing issues.
• Lead the User Acceptance test plan and execution, and facilitate signoff of the solution in preparation for go-live.
• Work closely with client resources, and provide assistance and leadership in the finalization and documentation of their business processes.
• Working with the client and the vendor, define and finalize the implementation plan for the SECM solution. Represent the NL Client in the implementation of the solution.
• Lead the development of the Business Change Management Plan for the Department’s implementation of their Response to Learning Policy and technical solution. Lead workshops to gather information necessary for the development of the Plan.
• Lead the development of resulting BCM deliverables: Communication Plan and Training Plan.
• Working with the Vendor resources, lead the development of the Training Plan, including logistics, content, materials, and resource scheduling.
• Assist in the execution of the training plan, ensuring a smooth delivery of the web-based training sessions.
• Work with the client in the execution of the Communication plan.
• Work with the client resources in the development of system user guides or additional supporting material.
• Assist the Department resources assigned to the project, as they provide initial post-implementation support to the Phase 1 schools. Liaise with the vendor for issue resolution. Assist with other project-related deliverables or tasks as required by the Project/Program Manager.
Qualifications Years of experience Description of how applicant meets each requirement
Knowledge/ Education (20%)
Post-secondary education (2+ year program) in business, computer science, or a related field from a recognized institution. 2+ yrs
7+ years of project experience where candidate filled the role of a Business Analyst (preferably with a recognized professional certification). Provide Project names, length of time and % of time as Business Analyst on project(s). 7+ yrs
Business Analysis Skills (40%)
Provide examples of experience developing software test strategies and plans (within 3 years).
Provide examples of experience with test case creation, management, and execution.
Provide examples of experience with testing tools.
Provide examples of experience developing Business Change Management Strategies and Plans (within 3 years).
Provide examples of experience development Communication Plans, and leading the execution of those plans (within 3 years).
Provide examples of experience developing training strategies and plans (within 3 years).
Provide examples of experience supporting and/or delivering training (e.g. user guides, training materials, train the trainer sessions, etc.).
Provide examples of experience in the development, documentation and approval of business processes (within 3 years).
Communication Skills (15%)
Describe how you possess strong written and verbal communication skills by providing recent examples where these skills were employed.