PURPOSE OF POSITION AND PROFILE
The position works under the guidance and supervision of the Supervisor – Service Desk to deliver a variety of day-to-day hardware and software services to the staff and Council members of the City. The Technician is the first point of contact for the Help Desk and assists with the City’s Office 365 rollout.
The ideal candidate:
- Is able to communicate technical concepts to a varied audience;
- is able to interact with a diverse staff complement and external resources.
- has above average organizational, communication and analytical skills;
- is able to focus in a busy environment and has above average attention to detail;
- is able to show initiative and see tasks through to completion;
- has strong project management skills;
- can organize own work and prioritize tasks effectively;
- has a basic understanding of municipal government;
- is able to learn quickly and requires minimal supervision.
The IT Help Desk Technician will:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- provide customer service to staff and members of Council who submit work order requests, acknowledging receipt of work orders and setting expectations for response;
- follow up on outstanding issues with staff to ensure good communication happens between the IT Services Division and those it serves;
- train staff in the use of desk phones, cell phones and hardware distributed by IT Services;
- assist with various IT Projects such as PC replacement, Office 365 rollout etc.;
Education and Experience:
- post-secondary education in an IT-related discipline;
- ability to support and troubleshoot software programs, servers, network connectivity, printers/copiers and IT hardware;
- Experience working in an Office 365 environment
- Experience in migrating users/supporting users newly migrated to Office 365.
- previous experience in a help-desk environment is a definite asset;
- ability to support Microsoft operating systems and software, computer networks, VMWare virtualized environments and systems maintenance.
- Valid G license with a good driving record and access to a vehicle.