Cloud management, Senior Specialist OSS.
The successful candidate will be working as part of Wireless OSS Team located in Mississauga/Toronto Office focusing on managing OSS Systems and the underlaying Cloud Infrastructure.
Required qualifications, skills and abilities:
- Design and deploy dynamically scalable cloud infrastructure based on business requirements.
- Ability to conduct requirements analysis for new and modified services and map the requirements into a set of technologies and architecture solutions.
- Identify technical requirements, specifications and create evaluation of different vendors solutions.
- Ability to manage and operate scalable, highly available cloud infrastructure including the underlaying compute nodes, storage and networking.
- Establish operations metrics, proactive monitoring and capacity planning for managed cloud infrastructure.
- Manage and operate Systems Backup and Restore.
- Mange and deploy security guidelines for managed cloud solutions.
- Manage Cloud systems upgrades and patch management.
- Ensure that technical designs meet functional design requirements as well as maintain the integrity and sustainability of the applications.
- Documentation for all the systems
- Generate operational reports and KPI analysis as needed
- Participate in and evaluate proof-of-concepts for server, storage, network, and security technologies to support the cloud infrastructure.
- Hands-on software development and deployment experience on cloud platforms such as AWS/Azure/Google
- University degree in Computer science, Telecommunications or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in Cloud solutions, recommended in telecom environment
- Experience in managing HP Servers hardware, Storage (e.g. EMC Storage solutions) and virtualization solution (e.g., VMware, Veeam).
- Experience in Linux operating system.
- Experience in Network policy and network provisioning systems
- Good working knowledge of Java/ Python programming languages; knowledge of REST API frameworks.
- Strong experience with setup of Disaster Recovery and High Availability Solutions
- Ability to support working outside of normal business hours to provide after hour or "on-call" support when necessary to solve high profile issues or complete critical path projects
- Knowledge of DevOps methods and CI/CD automation practices.
- Hands on TOSCA, YAMIL, YANG, KAFKA, NetConf and Cloud Orchestration.
- Knowledge of VNF/CNF for wireless lifecycle, self healing and auto-scaling.
- Strong Networking Background
- Virtualization (NFV/SDN/Docker/Kubernetes/Openstack/VMware)
- Hands on experience and exposure to Orchestration. Prefer ONAP experience
Looking for experienced, local contractors with at 7-15 years of experience in SW Engineering.
- Object-oriented design and programming
- Familiarity with C/C++, Python, Java
- Software Engineering tools – git, JIRA, Jenkins, etc.
- Ability to quickly understand, interface to and debug unknown SW packages/libraries and determine APIs
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work within a team, teams are geographically distributed