Key Responsibilities/Job Functions:
Individuals within the Project Management job family are responsible for the planning, development, sourcing and implementation of project initiatives that utilize information technology solutions. They are responsible for defining the project scope, developing project guidelines, obtaining business and information technology sponsor approvals and coordinating the resources necessary to successfully complete the project. Other responsibilities include the project coordination, development of plans and schedules, resource management, including team member selection, estimation and project maintenance.
Experience and Education Preferred:
- Projects may be global in nature, address a local need or may be specific to the needs of a single business unit.
- Project Managers are expected to develop metrics, communicate major milestones, identify potential project risks, provide direction to the project team, conduct regular status meetings to review project activities, and communicate timely updates to leadership. Furthermore, they are responsible for managing scope changes (i.e., change management) and project acceptance procedures. Project Managers ensure that project initiatives meet leadership and/or customer expectations.
- It is desirable that Project Managers are certified in Project Management and it is expected that they provide the highest level of expertise in the application of project management tools and techniques. Project Managers require highly developed analytic, interpersonal and communication skills to influence and engage colleagues, along with a broad understanding of the businesses they support. Project Managers require understanding of the Project Management Methodology and standards as a repeatable approach to the work and responsibilities. Project Managers are ultimately accountable to any successes or failures related to a project under their management.
- Manages multiple projects, or one project over $5M.
- Supervises other Project Managers and manages scope that is partially defined.
- Provides end-to-end project management for highly complex projects with high impact.
- Defines the work framework and reports according to the set framework (schedule, budget etc).
- Takes corrective action, reports on overall status rather then individual items.
- Pro-actively manages risks to project success.
- Validates the critical path for each projects, the WBS and associated detailed tasks defined by the PM.
- Pro-actively manages issues and corrective actions to resolve scheduling issues.
- Manages changes to the schedule to deliver in timely manner ie. according to the agreed upon timeline.
- Tracks budget on a bi-monthly basis, unless projects are at risk or challenges have been identified.
- Submits accruals according to the finance policy.
- Resolves or escalates budget challenges.
- Reviews and validates charges and allocations from other teams.
- Ensures project is delivered within the set budget.
- Validates & challenges the budgetary estimates and actual.
- Creates and presents the final CA for approval.
- Manages and ensures integrated design sessions are run, defects are recorded and rectified in a timely manner.
- Ensures mitigation plan exists and validates course of action.
- Identifies risks that require communication back to the business and up to the executives.
- Defines team members requirements.
- Obtains resources by negotiating amongst the impacted groups.
- Ensures the team works in a cohesive manner, and removes roadblocks to ensure team moves forward.
- Identifies and attempts to rectify resource challenges from the Business Unit.
- Has a large, complex team organization.
- Determines resources required in the non-IT deliverables (i.e. business readiness).
- Determies governance structure required to manage the project to completion.
- Creates communications (status, issues, risks) for senior management discussion.
- Ensures documentation of the minutes of the meetings.
- Creates, manages and drives resolution of issues log including description, ownership and action plan.
- Documents and distribute all decisions and agreements related to the project.
- Ensures updates are made to EPM to track and report on project progress and milestone completions.
- Ensures projects align with the business and IT strategies at the project to business unit level.
- Manages construction and implementation for highly complex or several complex projects.
- Maintains project work schedules and assigns work.
- Updates project plans.
- Coordinates end-user training activities.
- Accountable for meeting budget, timelines, and resource commitments.
- Manages project close-out for a highly complex projects as phases are completed.
- Manages post implementation review.
- Identifies lessons learned.
- Conducts walk-through with stakeholders (Business and IT).
- Ensures that project resources are re-deployed.
- Ensures operationalization of deliverables is completed.
- Demonstrates ability to manage and track multiple projects through the life cycle steps of initiation, planning, execution and project closure.
- Knowledgeable about existing and planned Information Architecture and Information Management methodologies.
- Contributes to improvements in life cycle, based on lessons learned.
- Knowledgable in Telecom and Telecom Networks.
- Undergraduate degree, required. Graduate degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience.
- Industry certification preferred.
Active PMP certification is mandatory
Looking to hire THREE senior project managers for Cyber Security dept. Please review the following requirements provided by the manager:
Senior PM – 8-10 years experience
- Run 3 – 4 projects
- Coordinate multiple stakeholders
- Passionate about project management up to date on all latest PM trends and Agile methodology
- Worked in large organizations with employees > 10,000
- Experienced with deployment, upgrades
- Very strong background in IT, solid SDLC skills
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Highly proficient in project management discipline – meeting minutes, running scoping sessions, working with vendors; hands on
• All PMs must be able to work in the office located at Brampton at least 4 days a week.