Mobile Solutions Architect
The Mobile Solutions Architect exhibits a combination of solution technical skills, business insight, and the ability to simplify and document complex information to help the project teams with application development and delivery.
In this role, you will be part of a team creating applications. Applications are developed in different languages accordingly to the specific platform and project requirements.
Technical architect participates in design, development, and implementation of applications and is responsible for the technical description from the project kickoff to the public launch of the solution. Solution architect helps with the requirements gathering process, develops the solution design documentation and guides all stakeholders through the technical parts of the project.
- Translate business requirements into application’s architecture
- Design and document mobile, web, connected TVs and set-top box application’s architecture.
- Provide direction for the integration of third-party libraries and APIs.
- Align closely with UI/UX and product teams.
- Act as an adviser for internal as well as external stakeholders.
- Enforce standards and best practices in the application design.
- Manage technical risk: Understand and articulate the impact of the architecture decisions.
- Identify opportunities for architectural improvements in the current landscape.
- Help with troubleshooting VOD/OTT related issues in lab and production environments.
- Research new trends and technologies in VOD/OTT industry.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, software engineering, IT or a related discipline.
- At least 3 years hands-on experience architecting solutions for mobile phones, connected TVs and web.
- Technical solution design and documentation skills with a good understanding of UML.
- Understanding client/frontend/devices and cloud architecture concepts/structure and API designs.
- Track record developing mobile video applications
- Track record in TV (IPTV /OTT TV/ DVB-x), DRM technologies, ad-Integration, and analytics is an advantage.
- English communication skills, with the ability to participate in customer/partner meetings and workshops at an international level.
- A passion for learning new technologies and standards.
- Team player.
- A hands-on and mindful approach of complex challenges.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Software Architecture;
- Software Design;
- Infrastructure Architecture;
- System Design and Implementation;
- Ability to consult and build CI/CD DevOps Pipelines
- 5+ yrs experience writing code & develop software solutions. (Swift, Objective C, Kotlin, Jacascript (ES6+/Typescript), Java, Go, C# are the preferred languages)
- 3+ yrs scripting in infrastructure automation tool and supporting code deployment (Terraform & Ansible, Chef, Juju, AWS CloudFormation)
- 2+ yrs of public cloud (AWS, Azure, SoftLayer).
- 2 years of experience in writing unit and integration tests;
- Experience with Streaming video knowledge (DASH, HLS, MSS)
- Experience using and/or developing on a Unix/Linux platform
- Previous experience being part of steady Dev/Ops team
- Previous experience with Video transcoding (libav, ffmpeg, x264, x265, mpeg2)
- Previous experience with content management