We’re looking for eager, fast-learning senior Full-Stack Developers/ Programm administrator that will work in an Agile team environment where you will be tasked with the development, design and code analysis of our client’s blue-chip next-generation pharmacy management system. The right individual is a natural communicator, engaging peers in technical discussion and presenting recommendations and technology-based insights, and would enjoy the challenge of applying their expertise in transforming one of our client’s enterprise platforms using the very best tools, technologies, and platforms available in the market.
Canada’s largest retail pharmacy company is looking for software engineers to join their team to help lead the digital transformation of their pharmacy management system. Bring your fast-thinking, high-communication approach to their team, and you’ll be accelerated and upskilled through in-depth training on cloud platforms, with a focus on doing things right: clean code, integrated commits, accountability for code reviews, defining API design patterns, and implementing cloud native software.
The successful candidates will be assessing the current platform in light of the best practices for modern software design and architecture, and in turn will assist in significant redesign, moving the needle towards successful transformation. This role consists of developing using Java, platform monitoring, as well as some architecting. This role will also play a key part in ramping our software delivery velocity by leveraging the latest microservices development patterns and delivery mechanisms.
- Participating in project planning and solution proposals to Sr. leadership across Product and Delivery teams
- Architecting, designing, and developing new features and re-engineering of existing core parts
- Translating designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code.
- Working with data structures, algorithms, and system design.
- Implementing high-quality unit tests with a quality-first mindset
- Performing peer code review to meet program quality targets
- Identifying and diagnosing deficiencies related to systems, coding and infrastructure, and recommending solutions for mitigation.
- Drafting system documentation for a wide variety of purposes.
- Using version control with GIT (both local and using cloud-based platforms like Bitbucket).
- Working with Package Managers like Yarn and NPM, Maven.
- Binding authority
- Take on more of a functional role
- It still needs to be very technical and have a very strong tenured grasp of Java/Microservices development.
- 60-70% of the role would still very much be as a Sr. Software Engineer, however, It would have to take 30-40% of program admin duties.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a combination of equivalent experience with a college diploma
- 5+ years experience in Full Stack Development with a primary focus on Java
- Hands on development skills within cloud platforms incl. MS Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Understanding of cloud-native design patterns
- Strong understanding of Cloud API’s and scalability
- Experience with Java servers (Tomcat, WebSphere, etc)
- Strong testing framework experience (J-Unit, automated testing and performance testing)
- An understanding of development on distributed systems operating at scale
- Knowledge and experience with server-side frameworks including Spring Boot and Hibernate
- API creation and RESTful services with API Gateways and asynchronous and synchronous microservices
- Relational (MySQL, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server) database experience
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Git) and artifact repositories (Nexus, Artifactory, etc.)
- Experience in agile teams with daily stand-ups and a high degree of personal accountability
- Knowledge of Modern DevOps principles and exposure to Ansible and Terraform
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or Kubernetes-based platforms
- Experience with PaaS solutions such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry or OpenShift
- NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis, Firebase, etc.) database experience