Agile Coach PGM / Scrum Master
• Do you have a passion for improvement?
• Are you obsessed with systems and deliveries?
• Do you spend your spare time dreaming up new ways to transform businesses through Agile practice?
We are seeking an Agile Coach / Scrum Master typically with a strong system/technology delivery background in addition to expert facilitation and leading agile teams and transformations.
What you get to do:
• Develop the organization's capacity to use Agile as a strategic business asset, including culture change, leadership development, and work at all organization levels
• Defines the agile framework and ensures that buy-in exists at all levels of the organization
• Executes the enterprise coaching strategy and is responsible for providing a variety of squads with coaching plans and strategies that assess their capabilities and capacities
• Provide coaching to squads that encourage and promote the adoption of Agile practices, behaviours and ways of working with a particular focus on the Scrum framework
• Analyzes current organizational structures against common agile paradigms and identify areas for improvement Removes organizational obstacles to delivery success through the proactive management of external dependencies, squad problem-solving and the development of new solutions or approaches to ongoing challenges Job Requirements What you bring: (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES)
• University degree in business administration or management, or a combination of education, experience, and training.
• 7+ years experience in an Agile and/or Traditional Project Management environment (medium-to-large scale initiatives) using influence to facilitate outcomes;
• Agile Management Framework and well documented Agile techniques (User Stories, Burndown techniques, Acceptance Criteria, Test Driven Development, Continuous testing, etc.).
• The ability to motivate and model open communication to help surface issues for faster resolution. • Possesses strong knowledge of developing, integrating, and using agile tools and techniques to drive continuous improvement (Agile metrics, burn-down, etc.)
• Catalyzes concrete and relevant improvements in squads through promoting awareness/ownership, developing competencies and facilitating barrier removal
• Able to identify, strategize and ultimately recommend structural changes (i.e., squad ownership, role changes) at the squad level based on challenges impacting effective agile delivery
• Understands product delivery elements (i.e., meeting delivery timelines, testing bottlenecks, constraints) and shares risks in the actual progress of delivery outcomes that the squad is striving for
• Experience working in a dependent multi Agile team environment.
• Financial institution knowledge and Scaled Agile Framework (Leading SAFe, SAFe Program Consultant) accreditation considered an asset.ATTRIBUTES
Desired Skills, Experience & Education
• Significant experience acting as Scrum Master in a fast moving tech environment
• Passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights users
• Experience with large scale software delivery and/or Agile transformation at scale in large enterprise organizations
• Excellent communication including the ability to distil technical details into human terms
• Team Facilitation and/or Conflict Management
• Minimum 10 years leading technology implementations
• Minimum 5 years’ experience using Agile methods
Certified Scrum Trainer, Certified Scrum Coach, Certified Scrum Master
Other Lean methodology credentials – like Six Sigma, kanban, etc.