View all jobs
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Work as a part of an Agile development team to design, implement and provide architectural guidance for fully interactive web application.
- Provide leadership and direction on adopting modern web development practices, to support and enhance software deliverables.
- Routinely advise on-site or vendor developers/implementation teams on coding, design, and testing/debugging standards.
- Creating and maintaining the application on multiple platforms based on customers’ requests
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (including UX, design, and marketing), to create functioning web applications, that are accessible and responsive with exceptional usability
- Aid in the development of the front-end architectural framework and design
- Evaluate and introduce new tools and techniques to the development team
- Exercise leadership through superior technical and domain knowledge
- Responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of the client-side layer for existing applications
- Implementing the UI for new features and initiatives
- Modify and maintain interface components based on platform requirements
- Document and inform on process improvements and identifying gaps
- Work as liaison between development team and stakeholders
- Schedule and Organize the mapping and tagging of the different solutions to be deployed
- Routinely deal with and resolve difficult front-end technical issues
- Take responsibility for the quality of deliverables and verify that current information is flowing end to end with our tool implementations
- Post-secondary degree or technical diploma in computer science or related field is a must
- 7+ years’ progressive experience in large-scale front-end software development.
- Experience with modern HTML, CSS and pre-processing libraries such as (SCSS, LESS).
- Experience working with CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap, Material UI, Semantic UI.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology.
- Experience with unit testing using Jest, Enzyme or similar
- Experience with build tools such as Grunt, Gulp, and Webpack.
- Familiar with package managers (NPM, Yarn).
- Proficient with cross-browser/cross-platform issues, web standards & accessibility (WCAG, a11y).
- Strong understanding of distributed source control systems (Git, Bitbucket).
- Experience with consumer facing web-applications.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ambitious with an ability to take initiative.
- You should be passionate about quality and writing clean, reusable, readable code that scales and performs well.