Our client is looking for a full stack developer with the following responsibilities and skills
As an individual you’ll be a key player on a team at the center of a project transforming a country-wide software system used by a major program within Canada’s biggest retail company. Bring your fast-thinking, high- communication approach to our team, andyou’ll be accelerated and upskilled through in-depth training on cloud platforms, with a focus on doing this right: clean code, integrated commits, accountability for code reviews, API design patterns, and cloud-native architecture patterns.
This role will also play a key part in ramping our software delivery velocity by leveraging the latest microservices development patterns using containers and DevOps.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Participating in project planning and solution proposals.
• Architecting, designing, and developing new features.
• Translating designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code.
• Working with data structures, algorithms, and system design.
• Implementing high quality unit tests.
• Performing peer code review to meet program quality targets
• Identifying and diagnosing deficiencies related to systems, coding and infrastructure, and
recommending solutions for mitigation.
• Drafting system documentation for a wide variety of purposes.
• Using version control with GIT (both local and using cloud-based platforms like Bitbucket).
• Working with Package Managers like Yarn and NPM, Maven.
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a combination of equivalent experience with a
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in systems development and analysis with a
focus on Full Stack Development
• An understanding of development on distributed systems operating at scale
• Front-end (CSS) preprocessors like SASS
• Built desktop applications using Electron or Cordova
• API creation and RESTful services
• Creating data models
• Relational and NoSQL database experience (MySQL, Oracle, DB2, etc)