As part of the National Access Networks team, the Senior Deployment Prime - Cable will be responsible to lead and manage the delivery of all large capital programs within Access Networks. This position will translate strategic initiatives issued by Centralized Planning & Engineering into implementation plans in conjunction with the National PMO and regional planning teams. This new role is expected to understand Cable Access Network construction methods and procedures in order to support the development of realistic and innovative execution strategies and plans. This position will be based in the Brampton campus reporting to the National Cable & Wireless Contracts team.
What you will be doing
What you have
- Lead and/or participate in the development and preparation of large capital Cable programs
- Conduct cross functional team interactions with various groups within Network (regional planning teams, Centralized Planning/Engineering, PMO).
- Develop tactical plans that align with regional implementation teams’ capabilities to deliver on capital programs issued by Centralized Planning
- Lead all war room activities
- Support the development of regional program governance frameworks
- Development and maintenance of regional program reporting standards
- Collaborate with National Cable & Wireless Contracts team to develop contractor resource strategies
- Present plans and recommendations to the management team and/or other stakeholders for information and approval as required
- Represent the National Access Network team as a Deployment Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Experience in deploying large capital programs
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience, preferably in Outside Plant Engineering and/or Network Construction (telecommunications).
- Subject matter expert of Cable Access Network and outside plant implementation methods.
- Post-Secondary education in telecommunications, electrical engineering or a related field.
- Commitment to quality performance and teamwork across multiple disciplines
- Detail oriented with an aptitude for tracking progress across many initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to achieve results through teamwork and leadership
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft applications
This Manager will be responsible to liaising with Regional Project Managers and Directors/VP's to have this Cable initiative implemented.
Despite the JD, they aren't looking for a technical Program Manager, they are looking for Manager who has led large-scale deployment projects, managing a multi-million-dollar budget. Please specify the length, budget and scope of the project in the Candidates resume.
This Manager needs to be a strong communicator, they will be operating from Brampton on the National project and they need to ensure that all parties are in line for deployment.
There will be a two-stage interview, one with the Manager and SME, the other with the VP.