What you will be doing...
- Reporting to the Manager of Web Development for Sportsnet and working from our client campus in downtown Toronto, you will be responsible for the planning and implementation of new features on Sportsnet.ca.
- Working with innovative technology, you’ll build exciting applications using React, Redux, Go, Ruby all while working within AWS and Heroku.
- Developers are exposed to all levels of the stack and are free to explore and suggest solutions. Collaboration is the name of the game with architecture meetings where every voice is heard and the right solution is encouraged.
What you have...
- Work with other people that value integrated teams, an agile development process, scrums, source control, pull requests, automated testing, and data-driven decisions.
- A work location in the very heart of downtown Toronto; the client corporate campus is located at Bloor and Jarvis mere steps from a TTC subway station
- Your opinion matters! Building applications is a collaborative process that involves and values the input of every member of the team
- Develop innovative applications using React, Go, Ruby, PHP using AWS and Heroku.
- Develop quality code using various languages in keeping with the team’s coding standards.
- Have a working knowledge of Git (and ideally of GitHub)
- Demonstrate the details of your work (at a high-level) to your team members and outside project stakeholders in regular Sprint Demo sessions
- Take part in regular peer code reviews with fellow development team members
- Cultivate interactive relationships with product owners, ad technology and analytics teams to continually improve understanding of overall business objectives, identify opportunities and understand how digital goals can be maximized
- Provide input into the effectiveness of agile development practices and processes to managers and directors
- Monitor overall site stability and performance goals, identifying areas of concern to be examined or escalated upon as needed
- 5 - 7 years experience in the field of web development
- Advanced to expert level knowledge of React and Redux.
- Outstanding skills in developing responsive HTML and CSS
- Knowledge or exposure to Ruby / Go / or other backend languages an asset
- Solid understanding of cloud hosting, including AWS or Heroku
- Experience with current development workflows and tools (SASS, Git)
- Excellent understanding of business objectives for digital media
- Ability to confidently self-direct and work on a team with minimal supervision
- Proficient in code reviews and in providing constructive feedback to the team
- Highly organized, self-motivated, adept at managing change and priorities with an ability to work under tight deadlines