Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within our client, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
Our client Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for our client.com, business.our client.com and the My our client app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
This is a full-time, renewable 1-year contract position.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You are an experienced, hands-on developer who has shipped medium to large-scale applications. You will be a forward thinker who can balance day-to-day pragmatism with an eye for future growth of our platform.
As a software developer with our client Digital, you will be responsible for designing, building and running the software applications which enable innovative, data-driven, customer centric digital experiences for our client customers.
You will be working as part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions. As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software applications
- Identify problem areas in code and suggest solutions on how to tackle
- Assist in evaluating technology choices and rapidly test solutions
- Develop scalable systems with performance and security in mind
- Develop solutions that are maintainable, scalable and performant
- Help identify and solve application issues experienced by customers
- Ensure a cohesive experience across different browsers and devices
- Adhere to accessibility best practices (We believe in an accessible web for everyone)
- Collaborate closely with team members in an agile environment (we like Scrum, Kanban)
- Assist in mentoring junior developers on your team
- You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Proven experience in backend and API development (we use Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Strong Experience with React and Redux
- Strong Experience with client-side testing (we use Jest)
- Experience designing and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec)
- Experience with FRP (functional, reactive programming)
Must to have skills:
- Experience in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use Kibana, NewRelic)
- Experience with clustering technologies (we use Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with the Docker ecosystem
- About our client Digital
- We’re looking for team members who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
- What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, relaxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
- At our client, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
2. Proven experience in backend and API development (we use Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis)
3. Strong Experience with React and Redux
4. Strong Experience with client-side testing (we use Jest)
5. Experience designing and documenting APIs (we use Node.js, Express, OpenAPI Spec)
6. Experience with FRP (functional, reactive programming)
Nice to have skills:
7. Experience in building scalable production services and monitoring performance (we use Kibana, NewRelic)
8. Experience with clustering technologies (we use Kubernetes)
9. Familiarity with the Docker ecosystem