This position is for an intermediate UX designer without client for a 1 year contract. The candidate will be assisting with the analysis and design of highly usable functional additions and changes to the user interface of a variety of Our Client's Health software applications used by clinicians and health care related insurance companies.
• Work with the customers and product management to:
o understand and clearly articulate business and customer needs, mental models and work paradigms in the healthcare domain
o assist the UX architect with the design of the overall GUI architecture, navigation and task flows to support user information needs and goals
o Iteratively create innovative, highly usable, technically feasible and aesthetically pleasing GUI designs with high customer value.
o Effectively articulate the designs via story boards or rapid prototypes
• Prime or assist with the refinement of designs with technical SMEs to ensure cost effective design solutions
• Be able to convincingly communicate the criticality of compelling user needs
• Provide effective input into appropriate UX bang for technical buck tradeoffs
• Work collaboratively to arrive at outside-the-box solutions that are technically feasible, cost effective and provide a superior user experience
• Assist with the review concepts with customers
• Assist with organizing and coordinating to make sessions happen with product management, customer sales account primes or customer support primes as appropriate.
• Create concept collateral with guidance/feedback from product management and more senior UX staff
• Assist with providing responses to customers regarding questions on testing purpose, methods, set-up requirements and UX processes.
• Assist with or prime the iteration of concepts based on customer feedback
• Include others in problem solving, decision making and creative thinking Assist with or prime the development of GUI design specifications across a complex product for the software development team.
• Provide direct support to software developers in making good UI detailed design decisions and tradeoff or provide expert guidance to more junior team members to do so.
• Assist with or prime formal usability testing (preparation and actual testing) of the developed feature with customer coordination assistance from product management or more senior UX staff.
• Ensure commitments to external or internal customers are met in a timely manner
• Develop deep healthcare domain knowledge on clinical work practices for product areas.
• Up to date knowledge of UI design and visual/graphic design best practice for compiled client, web and mobile applications.
• Proficient with graphic design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, illustrator as well as the ability to rapidly prototype UIs using tools such as Axure.
• Ideally the candidate will also have some experience/capability in up front user needs analysis, concept testing and formal usability testing
- Skilled in designing for accessibility.
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Skilled at interface design for complex systems including establishing common UI patterns, effective navigation paradigms and information presentation layouts to support user mental models and task flows.
• Solid visual design skills with demonstrated ability to render detailed visual designs that optimize visual affordance and minimizing visual noise to ensure ease of use.
• Attention to detail while ensuring higher level goals/tasks are supported across a product module or simple product.
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi-task
• Teamwork and collaboration skills
• Ability to make effective business trade-off decisions regarding value of functionality to the user experience vs cost to deliver
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• University Degree Specializing in user centered design, Human computer interaction, or industrial design
• 3-5 years of equivalent experience with a solid design portfolio including design for web based applications as well as design for responsive applications.
Must have skills: (please at least 3 skills/exp):
1. 3-5 years of UX design experience with a solid design portfolio including: a. Demonstrated skill in interface design for complex systems including establishing common UI patterns, effective navigation paradigms and information presentation layouts to support user mental models and task flows. b. Solid visual design skills with demonstrated ability to render detailed visual designs that optimize visual affordance and minimizing visual noise to ensure ease of use.
2. Experience with designing responsive applications
3. Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration and interpersonal skills
Nice to have skills: (please at least 3 skills/exp):
1. Experience designing fully accessible applications compliant with the W3C WCAG standard
2. Proficiency with Axure and the Adobe design suite
3. Proficiency in French