Wireless System Designer - Senior
• Maintaining Rogers design standards and guidelines for microwave systems
• Performing microwave path analysis using Pathloss 5, digitized topographic maps and field surveys
• MW system channel selection, conducting interference studies, frequency coordination with other system(s) and/or operators using MICS database, or other analysis tools
• Generating engineering design submissions for implementation of new MW transport systems, or upgrades to existing, including HW upgrades or SW re-provisioning
• Generating RE work orders for third party towers and rooftops
• Generating license applications and supporting documentation required by Industry Canada for license application submissions
• Providing technical support to Network Operations, contractors or vendors during implementation of new systems or fault resolution on existing systems
• Performs project management activities of moderate complexity, including providing forecasts and reports on Microwave design deliverables.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
• 7+ years experience as a Microwave Designer
• Strong working knowledge of Pathloss 5 microwave design software and MICS coordination tools is a must
• Working knowledge of Industry Canada policies and relevant Standard Radio System Plans (SRSPs)
• B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering or Engineering.
• Strong background in point to point and point microwave system design principles, site selection, path design, frequency coordination and license administration.
• Highly motivated and adaptable team player capable of working in a fast paced, fast changing environment
• Must possess strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrates skills with project management methodologies
Deliver required and agreed number of microwave designs and supporting documents for link additions, HW upgrades and/or SW upgrades of existing links.