Role: Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialist
Rogers is seeking a Technical Specialist to support various initiatives related to the Cable Network from within the Network Records team. Reporting to the ‘Manager Fibre Planning, at the Rogers Park Brampton Campus this role provides technical support, Spatial analysis, reporting and process development for Network Engineering and Planning teams.
What you will be doing...
• Data analysis of network inventory tools including SpatialNet and NRM observing and reporting of data discrepancies.
• Develop and support compliance reporting of the HFC Network, Address Inventory, and Transport network
• Develop and support network tools to support Engineering and Planning processes.
• Liaise with individual Wireline Access Network groups to provide support of developed processes and platforms.
• Provide technical support for existing engineering network inventory platforms and GIS Systems.
• Develop operational processes and procedures for Wireline Access Networks and others to follow on these service platforms related to Wireline Networks.
• Participate in the internal customer requirements gathering with the objective of designing solutions that best meet the customer needs.
What you have...
• 2+ years of similar experience
• Core Competencies: Customer Service Orientation, Teamwork and Collaboration; Adaptability; Initiative;
• Role-Specific Competencies: Innovation/Creative Thinking; Problem Solving/Judgment; Achievement Orientation; Listening Understanding & Responding;
• Education, experience should include undergraduate university degree in Geomatics, community college diploma with CET certification or equivalent experience.
• Analytical and methodical troubleshooting skills.
• Some working knowledge of enterprise databases such as Oracle, MySql, SQL Server.
• Experience with GIS tools such as FME or ESRI
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, in an organized, methodical and pleasant manner.
• Ability to work from assigned objectives, relative priorities and critical areas that impinge on work of other units.
• Strong organizational skills along with the ability to comfortably excel while managing multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to assist on technical problems and review work for technical accuracy and adequacy
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
SQL (3), PYTHON (3), GIS (3)