Remote within Canada (Work time as per PST or MST zone)
Big data engineers are responsible for developing, maintaining, evaluating and testing big data solutions. In addition, they are generally involved in the design of big data solutions.
MUST have GCP Knowledge & experience
- Responsible for Hadoop development.
- Implementation including loading from disparate data sets, preprocessing using Hive and Pig.
- Scope and deliver various Big Data solutions.
- Ability to design solutions independently based on high-level architecture.
- Manage the technical communication between the survey vendor and internal systems.
- Maintain the production systems (Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Elasticsearch).
- Collaborate with other development and research teams.
- Building a cloud based platform that allows easy development of new applications.
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles.
- Management of Hadoop cluster, with all included services.
- Ability to solve any ongoing issues with operating the cluster.
- Proficiency with Hadoop v2, MapReduce, HDFS.
- Experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Storm or Spark-Streaming.
- Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, and Impala.
- Experience with Spark.
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB.
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks, such as Flume.
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ.
- Experience with Big Data ML toolkits, such as Mahout, SparkML, or H2O .
- Good understanding of Lambda Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks.
- Experience with Cloudera/MapR/Hortonworks.