What you will be doing…
What you have….
- Completing lab certifications/evaluation of optical equipment and engineering projects on your own.
- Analyze and evaluate optical hardware/software.
- Engineering support for problem cases in commercial network, lab replication of the field issues, interoperability testing.
- Support vendor negotiation during tenders.
- Assisting with transport engineering projects.
- Technical writing and editing.
- Optimize Optical transport network.
- Assist decision-making of team and management on technical issues.
- Engineering degree.
- Experience and knowledge of the optical industry. Experience working in the lab is a must.
- In depth understanding of Optical Networking (DWDM, OTN, SONET)
- Familiarity with Ciena, Nokia and/or Fujitsu optical platforms a definite plus.
- Strong ability to complete varied engineering assignments, particularly in the lab environment.
- Understanding of potential impacts of work on other areas and technological developments.
- Ability to remain current on technology industry and market trends.
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills – especially Excel modelling ability.
- Good presentation skills and ability to present information on technology matters.
- Ability to work effectively within teams and independently.
EXCEL (5), Optical Transport (5)
This Manager has seen success with candidates coming from an electrical engineering background who have had lab experience working with other telecom providers of with Ciena/Nokia directly. They need to have lab experience with Optical equipment.