The Technical Support Services Specialist role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes actively resolving end user service requests within established SLAs. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and Service Desk request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level. The role of the Specialist Technician is to support users of the Hospital’s IT systems by troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software issues, researching and answering questions and maintaining the end user computing and printing environments while working closely with Service Desk and Senior IT staff.
· University degree or College diploma in computer science or related field and/or 5 or more years work experience in an Information Technology environment
· Proven experience in IT system design, deployment and maintenance
· Extensive experience with Microsoft Enterprise applications.
· Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Microsoft Server 2012, Microsoft Server 2014, Windows 7, Windows 10, and Office 365
· Application support experience with Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, VMware
· Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
· Certification and knowledge of ITIL v3 is an asset
· Project management skills an asset
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
· Superior verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
· Ability to present and offer education sessions
· Strong customer service orientation
· Highly self-motivated and directed
· Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to conduct research into software-related and issues and products
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
· Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.