Our client is in need of a Program Manager 3 for an initial 12-month contract in either Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto or Montreal.
Coordinates the management of a collection of programs that align to a high-level, enterprise-wide strategic objective.
Works with constituent Program and Project Managers (who are responsible to the Sr Program Manager for the execution of their projects and its impact on the program) to:
Must have skills:
1. Coordinate activities, priorities, and timelines across a range of projects ensuring interlock across multiple teams.
- Interact with senior executives to establish strategic plans and objectives
- Execute program plans (quality, risk, communication, staffing, etc.) to align the program outcomes with stakeholder expectations and standards
- Monitor cost, schedule, and technical performance of component projects and operations
- Coordinate the sharing of resources among their constituent projects to the overall benefit of the program
- Ensure control of projects dealing with conflicting priorities, issues, risks, dependencies and change
2. 8-10+ years’ experience in Wireless project management, delivering multiple complex initiatives simultaneously from creation to implementation
3. Develop effective presentations, reporting and tracking of all program activities, from working-level to Senior leaders
4. Drive governance, risk management plans and mitigation strategies to ensure all stakeholders are informed
5. Proactively engage internal teams, external parties and vendors to resolve issues
6. Coach and consult on financial forecast, actuals and benefits realization
7. Quickly develop relationships across the organization while contributing to a fun, collaborative and trusting work environment.
8. Demonstrate a “can-do” attitude that fosters a positive productive working environment, especially in pressured situations
9. Embrace agile thinking and ways of working to be flexible and adaptable
10. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or relatable
Nice to have skills:
1. Understanding of emerging technologies and industry trends
2. PMP designation, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt will be an asset
3. Master’s degree in Business is an asset