• Delivery of contracted managed LAN/WLAN.
• Provide troubleshooting and configuration management of networked equipment.
• Identify and analyze the root causes of performance breakdowns and recommend solutions.
• Conduct and report on pro-active maintenance routines.
• Network upgrades and enhancements.
• Produce necessary documentations for the managed network environment. This may include network diagrams, method of procedures, mitigation plan, etc.
Qualifications - Required Knowledge:
Good understanding of the requirements needed to maintain, design and manage network data systems and their peripherals, including Wireless LAN technologies and related data systems.
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse enterprise environment that includes LAN & Wireless LAN.
• Internetworking design and troubleshooting of Cisco LAN & Wireless LAN.
• Experience with Airmagnet and Ekahau survey tools is an asset.
• Experience and understanding of networking technologies including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, FHRP, etc.
• Knowledge of IP stack and packet decoding using protocol analyzers.
• Candidates must operate efficiently and effectively in a very interactive team environment.
• Proven ability to liaise with customers with the goal of effectively working with systems, building customer knowledge, review / taking ownership and/or explain major outages and trends, and assist in the development of action plans to eliminate future risk.
• Self-motivated and accountable for ensuring service levels are achieved / exceeded as per contractual obligations.
• Multi-Tasking with strong time management and ability to manage competing priorities.
• Ability to work: independently, extended hours, overtime, and after-hours providing on-call 7X24 coverage on a rotational basis. Ability to travel and work on-site at a customer location if required.
• In addition to demonstrated technical ability the candidate must have the ability to work at a business level with the following management abilities:
- Work with sophisticated clients through strong interpersonal skills.
- Work on teams in participative capacity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Minimum 7 years networking experience including 3 to 4 years with Wireless LAN (routing & switching)
• Minimum 3 to 4 years of Technical support (i.e. hands-on experience in performing installations, moves, adds, and changes)
• Foundational knowledge of Cisco LAN & Wireless LAN networking products
Must have skills:
1. Cisco Wireless LAN troubleshooting
2. Call Centre Experience
3. Able to deal with customers
4. Able to trouble shoot alone or work with team
Nice to have skills:
1. Ekahau or Airmagnet surveying and planning
2. Cisco wireless LAN design and implement
3. WAN experience