The Category Manager is an individual contributor role within the Technology Services Procurement in organization. The Category Manager has accountability for developing sourcing strategies and the strategic procurement of IT services including IT Outsourcing, Business Process Outsourcing and Contact Center Outsourcing. In addition, the Category Manager is responsible for managing supplier relationships, including driving Total Value of Ownership and ongoing supplier performance, as well as coordinating efforts between internal stakeholders and the supplier account teams to meet procurement objectives.
The Category Manager will use their market knowledge to develop and deploy world-class approaches to spend management while utilizing e-procurement tools to deliver cost reduction. The Category Manager will also be responsible for negotiating, drafting, administering and managing commercial contracts associated with Technology Services.
The Category Manager is accountable for a portfolio of assigned vendors with a primary expectation to: deliver on vendor negotiations driving value for money, execute sourcing strategies, spend category intelligence and analytics, contract negotiation, drafting and administration, and perform ongoing vendor performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Solid understanding of negotiation theory, strategies and practices
- Knowledge and experience relating to IT Technology Services, ITO, BPO, CCO
- Good understanding of Strategic sourcing concepts and best practices, related to the procurement of IT products and services
- Strong Strategic Vendor Management subject-matter expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- Technology Services
- BOO, CCO
- Regarded as an exceptional communicator, influencer and negotiator, able to build and maintain effective partnerships internally and externally with all stakeholders, including senior leaders
- Noted as having strong business and financial acumen
- Proven experience in leading supplier negotiations and structuring deals, including establishing contract terms and conditions (i.e. pricing, performance management and SLA development), drafting legal agreements, and implementing risk mitigation best practices
- Sought out for your ability to seek out, analyze and translate facts, data and intelligence into key insights, concept and recommendations
- With a reputation for project execution excellence and achieving results in a complex environment
- With a Bachelor’s degree in any domain