Our client’s Digital team is looking for a senior microservices developer, who have developed enterprise scale distributed systems leveraging technologies including Kafka and Cassandra.
This role will be primarily based at our clients Brampton campus, which is the technology centre of our client, a leading communications and media company.
As a senior microservice developer, you design and develop microservices to be used by single page applications that include shop, self-serve, and support various our clients’ business products.
Who You Are:
- Creating microservices using Java frameworks.
- Writing maintainable source code and producing high quality documentation.
- Maintaining, debugging and optimizing microservces.
- Working closely with tech lead and front-end team to deliver the interactive online experience.
- Communicating and collaborating with other development team, FE-Developers and product managers.
- You are ambitious to develop yourself and learn from others.
- You are up-to-date with the latest technologies.
- You have strong communication, documentation, and estimation skills.
- You thrive in a challenging, high paced environment.
- You are a good listener and considerate of others.
- You are open to ask help when needed and willing to help others.
- You have experience with distributed systems, caching, and persistence solutions.
- You have 3+ years working with noSQL databases ideally Cassandra.
- You have 3+ years working with Kafka.
- You have 2+ years of CI/CD, and using DevOps tools and practices to build and deploy software in the most efficient way.
- Additional experience with the following technologies and methodologies is ideal: Docker, Java, Cassandra, kafka, Kibana, Azure, Jenkins, Nginx, Akamai, CMS, Spark, and Unix.
Java (10 years), Azure, Cassandra, Unix/linux
Good to have experience:
Kafka, Akamai, Kibana, Jenkins, Nginx, CMS, Spark