Senior Civil Engineer
- Experienced, registered civil engineer (P. Eng)
- Leadership opportunity within the telecommunications industry
- Exciting projects related to 5G wireless technology
- Opportunity for mentorship and coaching of junior engineers
As an experienced civil engineer, there’s nothing more exciting for you than the chance to work on cutting-edge projects that have a far-reaching impact in the lives of Canadians.
Now imagine you could lead these projects, and the teams that execute them, as part of a reputable company dedicated to success through innovation and creativity. If this sounds exciting to you, then we want to meet you.
Who are we?
We’re an engineering firm that designs, builds, and maintains the telecommunications infrastructure that supports major networks. With the incoming expansion of 5G wireless technology, carriers will require 10x the number of wireless sites, compared to previous generations of wireless technology,
That’s where we come in. We know how to help carriers and private companies succeed in this arena, and we need your help to do just that. Senior Civil Engineer
As our new Senior Engineer, your primary goal is to ensure the smooth operation of our engineering department. You will lead a team of engineers by organizing and supervising team operations, overseeing and signing off on their work, and providing extensive mentorship and coaching.
Our engineering team is poised to double in size over the next two years, so your commitment to their professional growth will be paramount to your success in this role. You take great satisfaction in being a mentor and coach and will enjoy the opportunity to connect with your peers, advance their learning, and create a thriving team environment.
Practically speaking, you will:
- Ensure quality of work produced by engineering team
- Provide final-sign off on all engineered solutions
- Train and mentor engineering team, ensuring ongoing continuous improvement
- Participate in building our engineering team as we grow
- Stay informed on current and evolving industry and technology trends, and bring forward ideas for innovation to our executive team
In addition to your civil engineering expertise, you’ll be successful here because you are aligned with our Company values:
- We all take a leadership role contributing to our team’s success – you are a leader. You enjoy working collaboratively and leading a team. You have strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to bring your team together and motivate them to drive projects forward.
- Our Customers are our top priority – You can see the big picture – you have a strategic mindset and a strong understanding of the impact that you and team have on the business.
- We value innovation and creative ideas. – You are confident – you’re unafraid to bring new ideas forward, because you’re committed to helping us continue evolving.
If you’re ready to be at the forefront of the latest wireless technology, and want to lead a team who share your passion, look no further.
For the last 13 years, we’ve built our reputation by providing a personal level of service to our clients, treating them like partners rather than customers. What’s important to them, is important to us.
We care about our team in this same way. We’re a friendly group, who work very closely together, and strive for a low-stress environment. We also maintain the Company value: We thrive, we live healthy, balanced lives.
Working in a small company like ours means you’ll get exposure to many different aspects of our business. You’ll learn quickly here and gain diverse experience. We’re committed to supporting your professional development and will cover the cost of relevant training and courses.
This is a full-time permanent position, working Monday to Friday, 8 am – 5 pm (with some overtime required occasionally to meet project deadlines). Occasional travel is expected (about once per month) to visit clients or project sites.
In addition to 3 weeks’ vacation (plus the week off between Christmas and New Year’s), you’ll receive benefits and an annual performance-based bonus plan.
- Registered professional engineer (P. Eng) in the area of civil engineering
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an accredited university
- Experience working as a civil engineer within the telecom/telecommunications infrastructure industry (preferred) and/or power industry, with a strong understanding of related telecom infrastructure and technologies
- Experience leading and/or supervising a team of engineers
- Valid driver’s license for travel to job sites and/or for client visits
- Canadian resident or work permit
- Must reside in Waterloo, ON, surrounding area or be willing to relocate