Business Analyst - Trading Credit Risk.IT
Trading Credit Risk IT is looking for a passionate, energetic and talented Business Analyst/Business Systems Analyst that will partner across Trading Credit Risk Management Business and IT to improve capabilities of IT systems, quality of data and recommend technology solutions that align with stakeholder needs. This includes supporting business and IT teams in data and business analysis, re-engineer existing business rules, test and implement enhancements to existing applications. You will assess, research and analyze business, technical and system needs in order to resolve business systems issues.
What will you do?
• Analyze and document business requirements, design solutions, business rules and data sources, and work with development and quality assurance teams throughout system implementation and delivery to ensure that the project is delivered on time and within budget.
• Become subject matter expert resource and ensure that new solutions address business needs, while ensuring system alignment with application roadmaps.
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to create a clear understanding, and distinguish user requests from underlying true needs.
• Pro-actively communicate and collaborate with business clients to analyze functional requirements and deliver the appropriate artefacts as needed: business requirement documents, functional specifications, data specifications, use cases, workflow analysis, reports, test cases, etc.
• Act as the first line of contact to interface with Trading Credit Risk business users.
• Employ Interative and Agile methodologies as well as Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment to improve overall execution speed and product quality.
• Collaborate across application development and other technology teams within IT to ensure that business requirements are fully understood.
• Conduct data analysis in support of applications and projects, participate and assist with testing, configuration/release management, deployment, and post implementation verification.
• Help identify risks, assumptions and constraints for deliverables, and communicate to appropriate parties
What do you need to succeed?
• University degree in Math, Computer Science, Business, Engineering or related discipline.
• In-depth knowledge of Capital Markets financial instruments.
• Experience using business analysis, requirements modeling and database querying tools, such as: SQL, data flow diagrams, relationship data models, XML modeling, business process modelling.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the financial services industry, and working with Risk Management or Front Office application projects.
• Experience working in projects using Iterative and Agile Methodologies as a business or systems analyst lead
• Strong analytical skill set, the ability to transform business goals into requirements
• MBA, CFA, graduate degree in Finance an asset
• Working knowledge of Risk (Market, Credit and/or Liquidity) calculation and reporting
• Independent self-starter, results oriented and a willingness to take ownership.
• Strong understanding of IT methodologies, change management & audit requirements, segregation of duties requirements
• Business Analysis certification and/or completion of BA training courses