As our new Tier 1 Technical Support Analyst, you will:
• Conduct first-level support. You will respond to requests for assistance with software, hardware, multimedia, and network; prioritizing urgent requests and ensuring incident follow-up and ticket closure. You will complete documentation accurately.
• Configure employee hardware. You will set up new and update existing computers for all employees.
• Communicate. You will clarify your internal client's needs and expectations, demonstrating empathy and urgency. You will translate technical information into understandable instructions and propose different solutions to complex issues. You will escalate to second-level support as needed.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
• The education. You have a diploma or degree in Computer Science or IT.
• The hands-on experience. You have a minimum of two years providing onsite and telephone IT support with a clear understanding of ITIL support processes. You can install and configure operating systems, anti-virus/anti-spy and other software in a Microsoft environment. You can troubleshoot and resolve IT issues in a digital production environment and for IP and mobile phones.
• The analytical skills. You enjoy thinking through complex issues and applying repeatable, resilient solutions, as well as digging further into issues, removing roadblocks, and presenting solutions for the immediate and long term. You can come up to speed on our processes and new technologies quickly.
• The interpersonal skills. You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills in French, and you may have English language skills as well. You have the patience and empathy to foster relationships with internal customers, peers, and senior managers. You can effectively translate technical requirements to nontechnical business needs. You have an appreciation for diverse opinions and approaches to problem-solving.
• The flexibility. You understand the essential function of a support desk and are willing and able to be part of a rotating shift, including early mornings, late nights, and up to two weekends a month