Accountable for the planning & successful delivery of large projects with moderate risk, complexity and cross-functional business impact or multiple medium sized projects. Responsible for identifying and securing project resources and managing project schedules and budget to ensure that the project is delivered on time, on budget and within agreed to scope, meeting or exceeding customer expectations. Defines project scope and deliverables, consistently
Senior IT Security Project Manager responsible for managing medium to large IT security projects through to a successful and measurable conclusion. Ensure that the client is well apprised of status, achievements, concerns and risks. Recognizes unexpected situations when they occur, prioritizes urgent matters and makes recommends actions for effectively mitigating project risk and resolving issues. Reports to the client sponsor and Security management.
- Has overall responsibility for ensuring project objectives are met within timeline, budget and defined scope.
- Manage for our client's large security infrastructure projects and their project management deliverables.
- Quantify and validate Project deliverables with key stakeholders and ensure deliverables are successfully completed.
- Work to the overall revenue, profit and utilization KPIs established by the Security team.
- Ensure that project communications and risk plans are in place and report to client sponsors and Security management.
- Create and manage the project resources to ensure successful delivery.
- On integrated solutions, liase and coordinate with extended project stakeholders such as coordinators, project managers and service management to ensure successful project delivery.
- Project Management methodology.
- General understanding of IT and network architectures, protocols, routing, virtualization and security infrastructure such as firewalls, VPN, intrusion prevention, and log management.
- General understanding of information security concepts such as authentication, malware, compliance, and risk management are an asset.
- General understanding of Professional Services business lifecycle and methodology are an asset.
- Capable of developing a broad base of confidence to support security projects.
- Can develop presentations and present to the senior management level.
- Has excellent negotiation and organizational skills
- Good communications skills both verbal and written.
- Is proficient with Project Management tools and processes. Must be able to create and present all the sections of a project including schedule, resource, communications and risk plans.
- Identifies conflicts and risks, capable of making recommendations for resolution
- Understands the concepts of team building and can apply them to complex or large teams. Can coach team members and junior Project Managers.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction
University degree or equivalent, Engineering Degree an asset
Project Management Designation (PMP or equivalent)
Managed large or complex projects at enterprise level organizations, involving multi-team or cross-departmental collaboration
Experience managing project budgets up to $5 million
5+ years’ experience
Information Security background an asset
Must to have skills:
1. 5 years of project management experience including PMP certification
2. Project Management experience with Palo Alto Networks and/or Cisco technology deployments
3. Experience delivering IT projects in the Insurance, Transportation and/or Utility space
Nice to have skills:
1. Experience deploying SD-WAN projects
2. Bilingual – English, French
3. Security designation – CISM, CISSP