Our client is looking for a Solution Architect with the following responsibilities and skill set
- Reports to the Director, Solution Architecture and will provide time and attendance reporting in conjunction with project governance.
- Ensure that new solutions and enhancements to legacy (where possible) follow the direction set by the Reference Architecture and work towards an enterprise solution as opposed to a project-only focus.
- Participates and supports activities outside of product to support the gathering of information, documentation of artifacts and the management of the current state information.
- The Senior Solution Architect should be able to think out-of-the-box to develop solutions that takes into account known risks, ease of support, and complexity and cost considerations.
- Provides guidance to development teams to ensure alignment to the agreed design throughout the lifecycle of the project and is actively involved when variations occur.
- Designs solutions that not only meet the current project requirements but also is flexible, scalable and provides ease of maintenance and support.
- Must be able to develop high-level presentation material around the desired solution and collaborate with multiple teams within Business and IT
- Present deliverables at the Architecture Review Board to get approval of the desired solution
- The Senior Solution Architect is expected to gain a high level of expertise within one or more functional and technical areas. This level of expertise will include the business context of the solution as well as ways of applying the technical infrastructure to best support the solution.
- The Senior Solution Architect is expected to identify solutions that promote stabilization and improve the “health” of applications.
- The primary area of responsibility will focus on delivery of complex solutions enabling the future state architecture for the client
- Define, lead, and deliver solution blueprints in areas including but not limited to retail store applications such as point of sale, store back office, store inventory management etc.
- A minimum of 3 to 5+ year's progressive experience within an information technology environment.
- 2 or more years of industry experience – Retail
- Strong knowledge of core retail capabilities
- Previous Architecture or Technical Team Lead experience on major Retail transformation projects
- Experience with design and implementation of software in one or more of the following functional areas:
- Learning and Training Systems
- Knowledge of architecture methods and standards (e.g. TOGAF)
- Relational database concepts, design, implementation, and integration
- Architecture/design techniques (including but not limited to OO, top-down, structured analysis, component-based design)
- Knowledge of emerging technologies
- Solid knowledge of a variety of technologies/approaches including but not limited to J2EE, Spring Boot, packaged application integration, workflow, EAI/ESB, SOA, networking and operating system concepts