Sr. Infrastructure Solution Architect
We are currently seeking a Sr. Solution Architect to work on projects that may assess, design, implement, and update or upgrade data center components including server, storage, network and appliances, OS, supporting software and system modules, and ensure that applications will operate in upgraded/updated environments. This senior position requires exceptional and broad technical aptitude, leadership and customer interface skills.Job Details:
Key Skills and Experience:
- Develop solutions that align with the organizational goals, technology architecture, roadmaps, and practices
- Act as a program and project architect for high risk, complex and cross business unit initiatives, ensuring that architecture elements are consistent
- Liaise with the business and IT stakeholders to gather and socialize non-functional requirements
- Conduct key technology decision evaluations
- Collaborate with application, infrastructure and security teams to produce architecture
- Provide ongoing technical leadership and support during low level design, development, test, and service introduction phases including technical specification reviews and approvals
- Liaise with IT infrastructure service providers
- Collaborate with program/project/sustainment teams to reconcile solutions to problems
- Key deliverables: architecture vision, architecture definition, roadmaps, solution blueprints, design specifications and procedures
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrable experience as a Solution Architect, on large technology projects in an enterprise environment
- Ability to come up to speed quickly, gaining an understanding of the business problem/opportunity, project objectives, and high level design completed to date
- Solid understanding of the infrastructure domain and demonstrable experience with infrastructure related projects in the Solution Architect role
- In-depth knowledge of IT infrastructure including one or more of the following areas:
- Microsoft enterprise architecture, including Active Directory, System Center, Exchange and collaboration tools
- Data Center technology, including backup and recovery, server hardware, server operating systems (Windows Server 2016, IBM AIX, Redhat Linux), storage and VMWare server virtualization
- End user computing technology, including Microsoft Windows 10 and Citrix desktop virtualization tools
- Demonstrable experience with performance testing and infrastructure tuning
- Strong business acumen combined with knowledge of industry standards and frameworks for delivering IT architecture and solutions such as TOGAF
- Security architecture and design principles with a thorough understanding of security standards and methodologies
- Demonstrable experience with facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution
- Solid understanding of emerging technology themes like mobility and cloud computing.
- Business acumen to ensure project scope will achieve business benefits.
- Strong facilitation, coordination and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to rise, resolve and close issues to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
Project length will vary substantially and rarely involve working consecutive hours. The nature of this project work is based on deliverables and alignment overall client and project initiatives.