emergiTEL is currently seeking software engineers to join the team delivering software to control and manage the next generation of Photonic Systems. Responsibilities will include estimation, design, implementation, and validation of software within the product lifecycle. Successful candidates will deliver and maintain software for Metro, Long Haul, and Submarine photonic applications. The desired candidate should have strong engineering skills and experience with Telecommunications technologies such as optical power management, network topology, and OAM&P in a real-time embedded software environment.
• Develop embedded C++ software on family of optical networks products, including enhancements of existing software, development of new features, and support of new hardware.
• Participate in all stages of software development, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, test, and maintenance.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software issues and work with hardware, software and system engineers to identify the root cause.
• Help investigate and collect information to resolve process or design issues found on a current design or in previous designs.
• Identify software performance improvements through test driven development, automated unit testing, and comprehensive integration testing.
• Software development experience and background in telecommunications software in a real-time environment.
• Ability to work in a lab environment and integrate software onto custom hardware.
• Independent self-starter and committed to delivering on aggressive deadlines.
• Comfortable in a team environment with ability to work with little supervision.
• Must be fast learner with excellent debugging skills.
• Effective written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to multitask and work across a broad range of features.
• Experience with photonics networks equipment and software.
• Software development expertise, particularly large-scale embedded software development in C/C++
• Familiarity with VxWorks OS.
• Familiarity with developing software on multi-processor, highly concurrent systems (good knowledge of mutual exclusion, synchronization, interrupt handling, inter-process communication, etc.)
• Experience with object oriented analysis and design.
• Experience with XML.
• University graduate with Computer Science / Engineering / Software degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s).
• 5+ years of experience in software, preferably in a telecommunications/networking company.