About the Role:
The focus of this role is product requirements, system architectures and
specifications with knowledge and understanding of hardware architecture design, signal processing,
RF technology, L1, L2 and L3 software for LTE and 5G RAN systems. Quickly become a recognized
technical leader of the engineers involved in the maintenance and evolution of the existing LTE product
with the capability to autonomously estimate feasibility and effort for newly requested features.
Leading the technical team in the definition of the next-generation LTE/5G gNB.
• Preparation of technical and architecture definitions of new features and products for the
existing LTE private network and the definition of the new LTE/5G product.
• Translating product requirements into system requirements in collaboration with other PD
• Working with the System Test /QA team to define customer use cases.
• Evaluating and selecting key technologies used for products. Conduct research to validate
the technology and mitigate risks.
• Tradeoff requested features against architectural decisions.
• Creating System Design Specifications and communicating architecture concepts and
requirements, enabling engineering teams to progress designs.
• Defining Proof of Concept Studies where needed.
• Participating during the system integration phase as an expert to address system-level issues
or system-level customer issues.
• Provide training to Engineering functional teams and to other company groups on new private
LTE/5G technologies and/or related new products.
• Assist engineering and project managers in effort estimations and development of schedules.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Competencies:
• Master’s degree in engineering or computer science.
• At least 10 years of experience in system engineering, product architecture, or HW & SW
engineering in the wireless communication and networking domain.
• Product architecture definition experience in commercial product development.
• Strong understanding of 3GPP standards.
• An ability to work across multiple design disciplines (RF, software, signal processing, digital
design) and to converge technical architecture discussion.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience in embedded software development, including a good understanding of real-time
operating systems, protocol stacks, and the software development process.
• Experience in designing hardware for telecommunication equipment.
• Knowledge of RF design and related technologies.