Job Description: Summary
The Network Architect will help to design, develop, and maintain test infrastructure for Shaw Direct products and services.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Lead the development and validation of infrastructure.
• Work with stakeholders to understand business requirements and architecture/develop the solutions.
• Maintain documentation to ensure changing requirements and technologies are captured and communicated.
• Provide guidance and direction to vendors to resolve issues and to influence product roadmaps.
• Produce and deliver technical documents, diagrams and presentations. Provide training & documentation in support of operational handoff.
• Perform technical research within and outside the domain of your expertise.
• Develop test plans to perform testing and creation of specialized proof of concept or prototype environments.
• Provide technical support for lab & production server infrastructure (hardware, software, OS, firmware, network).
• Validate firmware releases for customer use.
• Build network plans for equipment configurations, rollback plan, impact analysis, and business needs.
• Provide technical solution & support during service outage incidents.
• Define long-term vision with minimal known requirements and changing needs.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
• 1-3 years of related experience in designing, implementing and supporting networks.
• • Experience with IP networks and diagnosis tools. Knowledge of networking standards & technologies such as Ethernet, TCP/IP, QoS, IPv6, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP, SSH, etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Embraces a collaborative culture.
• Strong experience with configuration of switches/ routers, servers, security appliances, etc. to implement networks.
• Familiar with agile and continuous improvement methodologies.
• Knowledge of server platforms, virtualization, networking, communications, security and related concepts and technologies.
• Familiar with Splunk data inputs and forwarders, data management, and monitoring. Ability to generate meaningful reports from machine-generated data.
• Experience developing infrastructure services using REST API.
• Experience driving discussions with internal and external stakeholders regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation.