View all jobs
Data Governance Specialist - MON21175Montreal Dorval, QC
In your role, you will:
- Develop and implement the data governance framework, including policies, standards, and procedures.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define data governance goals, objectives, and strategies aligned with business objectives.
- Preparing and leading Data Governance board meetings and following up on actions and decisions made.
- Leading projects in the data governance space with a short-term focus on data catalog and data quality check systems.
- Establish and maintain data governance documentation, including data dictionaries, data lineage, and metadata management.
- Provide subject matter expertise on data governance principles, best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with IT teams to evaluate, select, and implement data management tools such as MDM, data quality, data catalog, and data lineage solutions.
- Work closely with data owners, data stewards, and business units to ensure adherence to data governance policies and standards.
- Conduct data quality assessments and implement remediation measures to improve data accuracy, completeness, and consistency.
- Collaborate with the Security team and Data Privacy Officer to ensure compliance with data security and privacy regulations.
- Develop and deliver training programs on data governance, data quality, and data management practices.
- Stay informed about industry trends, emerging technologies, and regulatory changes related to data governance.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the enterprise data strategy.
As our ideal candidate,
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in data governance or data management roles.
- Strong knowledge of data governance principles, frameworks, and best practices.
- Familiarity with relevant data privacy and security regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA) and their implications for data governance.
- Experience with data management tools such as MDM, data quality, data catalog, and data lineage solutions.
- Experience with Data Governance tools (e.g., Collibra, Purview, CP4D, etc.).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify data governance issues and propose effective solutions.
- Certificate in data management or data governance is an advantage.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Fluent in both French and English.