Description of Work:
- Lead product requirement gathering activities such as facilitating workshops with end users and leaders to elicit business needs and requirements tied to application functionality and overall user experience. Translate these needs into product requirements, detailed user stories, and jobs to be done.
- Create, maintain, prioritize, and groom the product backlog.
- Define and scope out product delivery approaches including MVP/Proof of Value stages
- Liaise with technology teams to represent the needs of the business during planning and execution
- Produce and deliver effective and professional written materials including presentations to partners and stakeholders
- Build value driven and meaningful stakeholder partnerships across different business value streams to drive activities across the product life cycle.
- Create and maintain a well-defined product roadmaps with the flexibility to pivot and align with business drivers/enterprise priorities
- Define risks, assumptions, and constraints and impact to the product delivery.
- Collaborate as you work closely with stakeholders, peers, and other areas to define product requirements.
- Define success metrics for your product area, and drive alignment for all product efforts to those measures.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience eliciting (discovering), scoping, analyzing, specifying, validating and documenting product requirements through collaboration with both business and technical stakeholders.
- An ability to build trust, buy-in, and manage complex stakeholder relationships
- Expert relationship management skills to build and nurture key relationships across ATB and with external stakeholders.
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence in asking the right questions to stakeholders and partners to identify product requirements and jobs to be done.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality deliverables and artifacts in a timely manner.
- Passion to solve problems and create value leveraging digital technologies.
- Openness to receiving and providing feedback.
- Desire to thrive and create an environment that supports inclusion, recognizes bias and promotes psychological safety.
- Active listening and effective written and oral communication, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to decompose complex subjects, domains and ideas into succinctly outlined concepts and stories, leveraging systems and visual thinking processes and tools.
- Experience in product management (3 years or more).
Nice to have skills:
- Banking, Wealth Management, Financial Industry experience is a requirement.
- Preference for commercial lending domain knowledge and experience is a differentiator.
- Product Management / Business Analysis certification is an advantage.