About the Position
The role of the Senior IT Project Manager is to manage larger scale, complex, high profile and potentially higher-risk IT business projects on time and within budget. In addition, the Senior IT Project Manager will be a contributor to the continuous improvement of the PMO framework, processes and procedures and, under the guidance of the PMO director, mentor and advisor to more junior IT Project Managers. The Senior IT Project manager works closely with Senior Management within the IT department, steering committees, vendors, consultants, and other key stakeholders to ensure strict compliance with budget and project timelines.
What You’ll Do
- Create detailed project plans, including resources, issue identification, resolution processes, communications, risk management, and status reporting.
- Ensure business requirements are clear and complete.
- Plan all project deliverables, including scope, goals, milestones, key success factors, and changes required
- Produce project plans to include scope, stakeholder list, schedule, charter, budget, risk, mandatory documents, missions, goals, tasks and resource requirements.
- Plan and lead complex projects throughout the entire project lifecycl
- Manage project change requests as needed and resolve project issues/conflicts and break down project barriers (escalate when required).
What You Bring
- University Degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration, Commerce or Finance or IT-related degrees in Software Engineering, Computer Science, IT Management or Project Management
- Designation as a Project Management Professional (PMP) is required.
- Minimum 7 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, at least 5 years of which delivered IT solutions
- Minimum 2 years' experience leading, negotiating, and managing the execution of vendor contracts.
- Strong understanding of project management (PMLC) and systems development (SDLC) lifecycles.
- Strong knowledge of current IT trends.
- Advanced skills using project management tools such as MS Project.
- Ability to manage and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures.
- Skilled at planning, facilitating and leading high-impact, effective meetings with both technical and senior business participants.