Working within a global team of data analysts, data scientists, and content experts within each key geographic locations the Data Support Analyst will serve as a steward for all internal and external data content and will be responsible for the following:
- Partnering with PMs/traders/analysts to understand how data is used in their processes. Serving as an in-house expert on data and providing consulting around best solutions for each use case.
- Authoring internal and end-user-facing knowledge base articles around best practices.
- Taking ownership of the internal data quality control framework, which includes authoring programmatic checks, monitoring the quality of incoming data and resolving issues to maintain a high level of quality of in-house data.
- Collaborating with data engineers and third-party vendors to troubleshoot and resolve time-sensitive data incidents.
- Designing tools and establishing standards, to promote operational efficiency. Gathering and analyzing internal metrics to identify key areas of improvement, to provide top-tier service to end-users.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, or a related field.
- Strong ability to perform data analysis and wrangle data using Python. Understanding of SQL and relational databases.
- Familiarity with AWS, Git, Airflow is a plus.
- Firm understanding of time-series data, third-party data vendors, and how they apply to quant and fundamental analysis. Prior experience with quantitative investors (either as a quant or vendor) is strongly preferred.
- Strong troubleshooting and creative problem-solving abilities.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences in mind.