Reporting to the Director, Applications and Information Management, you will provide technical expertise to client departments with regards to the College’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software (Oracle / PeopleSoft) and its’ integration with other related systems including Raiser’s Edge (fund raising), Clockworks (counselling support), Star Res (residence management), BrightSpace - D2L (learning management system), the MyCampus portal (application and single sign-on hub), business intelligence reporting tools, and homegrown applications (academic planning, course outlines).
You will deploy and configure ERP modules, design and develop modifications and bolt-ons based upon feedback from departmental Business Analysts and Managers, and integrate third party applications within our core system. You will work directly with Technical Business Analysts and Business Analysts, vendor representatives and relevant College leaders. You gather detailed business requirements, functional specifications, test plans, end-user training materials, and procedural documentation and translate those into specific technical information and programming requirements. You will research solutions which may not be readily apparent. You maintain an awareness of current industry standards to assist the College to remain compatible with, and take advantage of, developing trends in the information processing industry.
What We Are Looking For:
• A relevant combination of education in Computer Science, Application Development, or Systems Programming (or similar discipline) and advanced work experience with programming / technical analysis in an Oracle / PeopleSoft environment.
• Completion of additional Oracle/Peoplesoft training including PeopleTools I and II, People Code and at least one advanced vendor course such as Integration Broker, Security, Database, Application Engine, GT eForms (must have), or Component Interfaces.
• Knowledge of database reporting tools, advanced user-level knowledge of RDBMS, working with multiple systems and points of integration.
• Expert-level knowledge of spreadsheets, databases and project planning tools, and experience integrating multivendor hardware and software systems, networks, and client workstation configurations.
• Previous project management experience including evaluating client needs, time estimates, setting tasks, determining priorities, tracking progress toward completion.
• Previous experience defining functional requirements and identifying technical conflicts between systems during the development or integration of new business processes.
• Experience with user acceptance testing including developing definitions of acceptance criteria.
• Previous experience evaluating and vetting risks associated with IT system integrations under tight timelines including issues of data security, confidentiality and sensitive information, as well as the reliability of data and information.
• Previous experience communicating effectively with and supporting technical and non-technical users to support knowledge transfer, troubleshooting, and requirements gathering in a Peoplesoft environment.
• Ability to develop and deliver software demonstrations to individuals in a manner appropriate to the audience.
• Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies and issue resolution techniques.
• Experience developing procedural documentation and end-user reference materials.
• Experience working independently and effectively in a customer-service focused team within a fast-paced business environment featuring critical deadlines, multiple projects and competing priorities.
• Embraces diversity and inclusion and thrives in a challenging environment where a diversity of people, situations and issues are encountered.