The Tester will work with the Manager to define test strategies to ensure the software adheres to the highest quality standard, intuitive to use, and the results conform to the geophysical constraints.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Perform automated, manual, and exploratory software testing of Shaw Direct Digital Satellite Receivers.
• Utilize automated and manual test methodologies and tools to perform functional, migration, and regression tests.
• Configure Digital Satellite Receivers and test equipment to perform testing & validation.
• Support and maintain test lab infrastructure.
• Write test plans and test cases to validate functionality by analyzing requirements.
• Write automated tests using scripting languages.
• Evaluate, interpret and report test results.
• Document findings, observations, and procedures in defect tracking tool.
• Prioritize and triage defects.
• Provide testing support to software developers and ensure required product features are tested.
• Mentor junior testers and provide guidance to colleagues.
• Adaptable to dynamic work schedules.
• Collaborate with colleagues, manager, and product management team, to keep everyone aligned, resolve issues, and encourage the flow of ideas
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
• Degree or diploma in engineering, computer science, technology or related.
• 4-7 years of experience with automated and manual software testing.
• Detailed oriented, inquisitive, thorough, analytical and persistent.
• Experience with scripted computer languages (Python, Bash, Perl) and SQL.
• Proficient using test / development management tools such as JIRA, Jenkins, git.
• Understanding of embedded software and Linux environments.
• Software development/validation experience with consumer audio and video technologies.
• Excellent communication skills to interact with development, business, operations, and vendor teams.
o Experience with Scrum / Agile development.
o Knowledge of user interface design principles and practices.
o Experience with software development.
o Experience with IP networks including IP tools.
o ISTQB certification.
o Understanding of RF delivery, analog and digital signals, video encoding, data compression, multiplexing, modulation, encryption, etc.