Description: Strategy Manager - Hardware Sustainability Strategy and Policies
Our team and what we’ll accomplish together:
Our Connected Home Hardware team researches, ideates, designs, develops, and manages consumer technologies to make our customers' interaction with our services faster, seamless and more reliable. Whether finding new ways to connect consumer devices, advancing product form factors or improving machine-to-human interactions, our team is focused on improving our customers' lives by making technology simpler and friendlier to use.
We work closely with our engineers, marketing teams, industrial designers and manufacturing partners to guide products from conception through to launch and retirement. We support products like Optik TV, Boost Wi-Fi, SmartHome and more. The Connected Home Hardware Team works closely with our engineers, marketing teams, industrial designers and manufacturing partners to guide products from conception through to launch and retirement.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for someone who is passionate about sustainability and technology products to join our Connected Home Hardware team. From products like Optik TV, Boost Wi-Fi and more, the Product Management team works closely with our engineers to guide products from conception to launch and retirement. As part of the Product Management team, you will bridge the social, environmental and technical worlds as you implement impactful change to the products offered by the company to consumers. We are looking for someone with the ability to research, ideate and take action on strategies that will help drive product development of world-class hardware.
- Align new and existing consumer hardware products with long-term sustainability objectives and guidelines
- Work closely with Engineering, R&D, Industrial Design, Product Design, Corporate Sustainability, Procurement and manufacturing partners to align on guidelines and implementation plans
- Collaborate and manage external partners and vendors to assess the feasibility and do prototyping, based on company's sustainability guidelines
- Work with product managers to develop business case justification for product introductions
- Generate performance reporting on sustainability metrics
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Degree in business, sustainability, engineering or related field
- Experience with packaging or manufacturing materials and processes
- Project management skills and experience with experience driving projects through to completion
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with quantitative or technical analysis and reporting
- Understanding and experience with consumer hardware development life cycles and various electronics manufacturing working models
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills
- Experience managing external vendors or supply chains
- Knowledge and experience in different material areas including rigid plastics, metals, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with recycled or sustainable materials
- Knowledge and experience in applying climate action or circular economy frameworks and metrics to business
- Knowledge in one or more of the industries of mobile, internet, home networking or TV services