Description: Product Manager - TV Hardware
Our team and what we’ll accomplish together:
Our Connected Home Hardware team researches, ideates, designs, develops, and manages consumer technologies to make our customers' interaction with our services faster, seamless and more reliable. Whether finding new ways to connect consumer devices, advancing product form factors or improving machine-to-human interactions, our team is focused on improving our customers' lives by making technology simpler and friendlier to use.
We work closely with our engineers, marketing teams, industrial designers and manufacturing partners to guide products from conception through to launch and retirement. We support products like Optik TV, PikTV, Boost Wi-Fi, SmartHome and more. The Connected Home Hardware Team works closely with our engineers, marketing teams, industrial designers and manufacturing partners to guide products from conception through to launch and retirement.
What you’ll do:
You will help manage hardware products and projects for customer premise equipment (CPE) used to deliver TV services. You will work with the current and future TV CPE portfolio including various set-top-box products.
Define overall strategy, process, product roadmap, and technical/feature specifications for existing products based on long-term product vision, user needs, technical and market trends, and platform capabilities
Manage firmware development execution, working closely with Engineering, R&D, and partner teams to engineer the best experience for our customers
Collaborate with marketing to develop go-to-market product launch plans and sustaining marketing assets
Collaborate and manage external partners and vendors in complex relationships
Serve as a subject matter expert and evangelist for various TV technologies
Develop business case justification for product introductions, product enhancements and prioritization of capital spending
What you bring:
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- 3+ years of end-to-end product management experience, with a focus on consumer products/offers
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills, with experience managing, motivating and mentoring teams/individuals.
- Project management skills and experience with experience driving projects through to completion
- Knowledge in one or more of the industries of mobile, internet, home networking or TV services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Deep understanding and experience with consumer hardware development life cycles and various electronics manufacturing working models
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills
- Experience managing external technology vendors
- Experience building and presenting complex business cases