As a C# Engineer on our Reference Data Technology Team, you will be responsible for playing a key role in designing, testing, deploying, and maintaining the firm’s critical back office systems. The successful candidate is expected to work closely with the team lead and manager, able to function both independently and within the team. The candidate should be self-motivated and have a deep passion for technology with concentrated focus on Microsoft stack technologies with a heavy focus on distributed systems, SOA and large data schemes.
The person in this role must have a strong understanding of software lifecycle and design of multi-tier/distributed systems. In addition to strong technical skills, the candidate must have excellent communication/interpersonal skills, possess a strong ability to work independently or as a team member and a working knowledge of the financial industry.
The candidate must be able to explain and discuss complex ideas clearly and effectively to a variety of different audiences, with different degrees of technical prowess. A strong desire to learn and gain exposure to the business side is critical to success in this position.
- Development and management of multiple, 3-tier back-office systems.
- Capable of making independent decisions while mitigating risk
- Demonstrate an ownership mentality in all aspects of the firm’s technology systems
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and be able to multi-task between second-line support and strategic development responsibilities.
In order to effectively represent our team and communicate with the users, we are expecting that you will have the below qualifications:
- C# development expertise, Microsoft .NET , and .NET Core
- Strong experience in multi-threaded programming and object-oriented design
- Strong experience building connected, service-oriented applications, REST, WebApi, JSON.
- Familiarity with Agile development processes and sprint planning
- Experience with Database Systems (Microsoft SQL preferred)
- Experience in Dev/Ops (JIRA / Git / Build Automation / Deployment Automation, Unit Testing)
- Ability to communicate well, including writing emails and technical documentation, and communicating with end users
It’s a plus if you have prior experience in any of the following:
- Experience with Security Master and other Reference Data Systems
- Experience with Vendor Data (Bloomberg, Reuters, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Snowflake, etc)
- Experience and familiarity with an enterprise messaging systems
- Experience and familiarity with an enterprise cache systems
- Behavior and test-driven development experience
- Experience with Python
- Familiarity with US and International Equity, Fixed Income, Commodity markets
- Experience with Trading workflow (Equity, Macro, Credit)