We’re seeking a skilled and experienced UX researcher to join our Digital team. This role will be at the forefront of uncovering customer insights and patterns to help shape product and experience design, and will support products and squads within Home Solutions Digital Experience (HSDE).
While supporting the design practice you will lead the research practice by:
- Working with product teams to facilitate user research and testing
- Working with leadership to help facilitate the development of strategies to help us mature, scale, and create the conditions for the best user experiences to reach our business objectives.
We’re looking for someone who is curious about people and human behaviours, someone who can actively listen, ask thoughtful questions to proactively seek out valuable insights, and connect these insights to data that can help teams be better informed in their design decisions.
- Play a key role in defining the vision and goals of the research practice, as well as resourcing needs
- Collaborate with Product Owners to inform and shape product roadmaps, advocating for user needs across the commerce journey from learn, buy, shop, configure to manage
- Provide best in class research practice and ensure the quality of research achieves project goals by working closely with cross functional teams in identifying the best research method based on project requirements, timelines, and resources
- Mature the research practice by educating team members on UX research best practices and keep them informed on evolving methodologies
- Guide designers towards and promote the adoption of UX research methods such as remote user testing, IA testing, guerilla testing, card sorting exercises, A/B testing, discovery etc.
- Recruit participants, build test plans, set up for and facilitate moderated usability testing, perform quick detailed analysis, and share findings with the team so they can action insights and inform product strategy and design
- Methodically prioritize data collected during sessions to form an easily accessible library of findings
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- 3+ years relevant work experience, including integrating UX research into product designs and design practices
- Hands-on experience with and a strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods from a variety of disciplines including when and how to apply them at each product phase
- The curiosity to seek out relevant information and ability to ask the right questions to obtain information, understand, and learn from user research sessions
- The ability to move fast and adapt quickly to change, manage ambiguity, and work autonomously in an agile environment – you’ll have to be comfortable prioritizing simultaneous deadlines across multiple teams and projects
- Good communication and public speaking skills to share out knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research to leadership and teams
- Possess the organizational and technical skills to run a usability research lab - conduct and broadcast testing sessions nationally
- Strong track record of being able to develop relationships with a multitude of stakeholders/peers
- A strong knowledge base in UX Design
- Familiar with tools such as User Zoom, Enjoy HQ, Jira, Google suite, Data analytics tools (Adobe), Slack, online collaboration tools (ex: MIRO)
- E-commerce, branding, telecommunications, design and information architecture experience is a plus
Must have skills:
• Relevant experience. Must be able to demonstrate their experience with past projects and designs. Should have a case study on hand that will demonstrate and report what they’ve done before. Be able to guide the team on what they did before and how they got from point A to B.
• Communication skills - as a user tester they must be able to guide different user tasks and know what job needs to be done
• Ability to analyze data, provide reports and go through snippets of customers' voices, provide recommendations on next steps, and share information with product owners to shape a roadmap. They will work very closely with design to make decisions.
Nice to have skills:
• E-commerce would be ideal - telecommunications
• Tools - userzoom, HQ
• Understanding of UX design