Description: Jr. Fleet Operations Manager
*This is a remote position*
As a single contributor in the Fleet Strategy & Operations team, you will work within a high performing and entrepreneurial team focused on enabling our internal stakeholders to serve customers, while relentlessly reducing vehicle-related costs, downtime, and emissions.
You will have the opportunity to be actively involved in fleet transformation and ESG/sustainability initiatives, and will be called upon to propose improvements and optimizations. You will also be responsible for resolving fleet-related issues encountered by our partners and internal stakeholders.
Our industry and technologies are in a transformational phase, so an essential part of being successful in this role involves being able to adapt and thrive in an environment of change and shifting priorities. On any given day, you could be tasked with resolving new vehicle build deficiencies with vendors, providing guidance as a subject matter expert, vetting and authorizing non-standard maintenance requests, sourcing local maintenance vendors, or working with partners to develop vehicle specs for purpose-built vehicles.
- Manage the life cycle and associated costs of Corporate vehicles including procurement, up-fitting, maintenance/repairs, etc.
- Support in the optimization and manage execution of the vehicle replacement program
- Develop strategies to reduce vehicle downtime/costs and work with operations teams to ensure successful deployment of developed strategies
- Liaise with internal user groups to develop vehicle and equipment specifications to meet their needs
- Source, manage, and negotiate with third party service providers
- Support National Safety Code (NSC) compliance through reporting, driving corrective actions, ELD management, driver management, and developing requirements for future iterations of NSC transformation
- Act as key liaison with our vendors, ensuring the needs of our fleet are being properly addressed
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Valued for your 3 to 5+ years of asset lifecycle management, including procurement, contracts, maintenance record management, and end of life management
- Passionate about identifying emerging products and innovative practices that improve operations and environmental sustainability
- Known as a strong collaborative team player
Must have skills:
1. Strong communication skills: interface regularly with internal stakeholders and external vendors
2. Problem solving: Quickly uncover/understand root issues, make recommendations, and take proactive action as required to support the national fleet
3. TCO/Lifecycle management: make repair/replace/salvage decisions based on TCO and asset lifecycle management
Great to haves:
- Bilingualism (English and French)
- Fleet experience
- Procurement/vendor negotiation experience