Notes: -hybrid - up to 2 days in the office
• Complete modelling & analysis of fibre to the home expansion opportunities, in accordance with established policies, engineering & construction standards & specifications.
• Leverage fibre modeling and planning tools, existing fibre network assets, new technology & construction methods.
• Feasibility assessments of service expansion & expanded greenfield and business opportunities.
• Liaise with OPE Planners & GIS specialists to update models and feasibility assessments with survey & preliminary engineering results from design and build engagements.
• Collaborate with Delivery Managers, regions and cross functional Service Expansion teams to deliver on the company’s Service Expansion objectives. • Complete network expansion opportunity bid submissions as tasked by the Manager, Access Network Expansions.
• Provide engineering support for implementation of successful bids. Offer technical assistance with analysis on fibre optic network design, topology layout, fiber splice plans, cable duct and routing.
•Provide engineering support for the selection of routes to ensure optimum cost effectiveness and performance, and in the preparation of construction and permit drawings and bill of materials for new plant and forced projects.
•Customer Service Orientation, Teamwork and Collaboration, Adaptability and Initiative.
•Three to Five years of Network engineering and Planning experience.
•Experience with a major Telecom Service Provider or Cable Operator and direct involvement in building large fibre networks.
•Education experience should include undergraduate university degree or College Diploma in electrical engineering, Telecoms Engineering or equivalent PE, CET , SCTE, BCE, BCT, or BTS certification/designation is definitely and asset.
•QGIS, FME, ESRI products, SQL, Geodatabase, Python skills are an asset. •Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills.
•Ability to work within a dynamic team and organize time among multiple tasks.
•Communicates effectively with both technical and operations management •Ability to prepare information and advise internal and external customers on proposed ideas, products or solutions.