At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG is looking for a highly motivated and passionate Solution Architect to drive high priority initiatives on Microsoft Azure and on-premises platforms. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding challenges related to application modernization and provide cloud native architecture and design solutions that are secure, reliable, scalable, and highly available. The role will also have responsibilities within our on-premises datacenters in terms of advance scripting skillset, Active Directory\AzureAD, modern authentication (IdM) solutions and certificate technologies such as Microsoft Certificate Services. To be successful in this role you should have considerable experience architecting and implementing solution designs predominantly using Infrastructure as Code (Terraform) on Azure, understand and be a practitioner of DevOps, be an excellent communicator, and have a get the job done attitude and mindset.
What you will do
- Responsible for architecting next-generation, cloud-native products and applications
- Responsible for advance scripting requirements as needed. Will need to be a SME in IT scripting tools
- Working with KPMG global and KPMG Canada internal IdM team to support and provide guidance on Active Directory 2019, AzureAD and other modern IdM technologies
- Working with KPMG global and other internal ITS teams on Microsoft Certificate Service
- Collaborate with global One Platform architects, Canadian Architecture, Operations and Security teams to design, deploy and maintain cloud solutions for KPMG Canada.
- Collaborate with technical teams on defining cloud architectural standards and best practices, providing consistent recommendations and oversight to team members
- Understand KPMG’s digital strategy, cloud platform capabilities, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability, and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term Cloud adoption within the firm to enable them to be Cloud advocates
What you bring to this role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related STEM field or work experience
- 3+ architecting and designing Cloud solutions
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, Google, IBM, Oracle, and professional services firms an asset
- Strong understanding of Cloud Native Architecture and principles and Infrastructure as a code
- Hands-on experience in designing and configuring secure and scalable Cloud platforms on Microsoft Azure, including account structure, security and compliance audit, connectivity, shared services etc.
- Knowledge of Cloud services: application integration, functions, databases, data warehouse and analytics, serverless computing, machine learning, developer tools, security and identity management
- Knowledge of and experience in API and Webhook development using PowerShell, Python, Node.js, Ruby, and Shell Scripting languages
- Excellent knowledge and experience with PowerShell, and Shell Scripting
- Advance knowledge of Active Directory 2019, AzureAD and other modern IdM technologies
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Certificate Services. Knowledge of Venafi certificate management solution beneficial
- Knowledge of CI /CD Systems, such as Azure DevOps server and Azure DevOps services
- Experience in Cloud automation using, Azure CLI, ARM & Terraform to enable Infrastructure as a Code, AWS CLI, Cloud formation, Ansible, etc.
- Fundamental understanding and experience with DevOps tools (Azure DevOps and Github)
- Experience and knowledge of Cloud Operating Systems including OpenStack, OpenShift, Windows, Linux and Vsphere
- Proven track record in system integration and design and setup of Infrastructure as a service and Platform as a service deployment
- Confidence and ability to lead discussions with clear goals, deliverables, documented agreements and follow up actions
- Ability to participate in fast-paced DevOps and System Engineering teams within Scrum Agile processes
- Significant experience working in Azure. Added experience working with AWS and GCP is a plus.